My ultimate fishing trip

Hey S&H crew😆 have an awesome Fishing trip planned and who better to tell than you lot! Leaving in two weeks time on a dedicated Fishing trip to cairns. In this trip i have booked two days with a fishing guide with a charter mob called blackout sports fishing. I will be getting as much variety in as possible fishing with jigs,poppers,plastics, livies and any other style i can cram in the two days. Will be both estuary/ river fishing as well as off shore reef. The options are endless however a big GT on popper is the ultimate goal,big barra would be nice as well. Looking at there photo gallery has got me beyond excited!!! Hopefully should have plenty of crazy Fishing pics to show off soon. Anyone done a similar trip?? Any advice would be much appreciated as this is costly trip and i want to get the most out of it. Im sure ill be in good hands however, reviews all seem to be positive. I will also do my own thing land based in the days besides the charter trip. Staying at a place called trinity beach. Watch this space 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

I'll be in Cairns in 2 weeks time also. My Bro is heading over and we're also booked with Blackout fishing charters for a GT popping trip. I'll also do a bit of land based fishing around town and taking up a travel rod and a few lures.

hwy kelvin if you want pm me while you are there maybe we can go for a flick and compare stories. Im going by myself so would be good to have a fishing buddy!

G'day

Sounds like a great trip

I haven't fished up there but I can give you one bit of good advice, make sure you plan to eat at least once at the Blue Moon Grill

Excellent food, service and the biggest selection of beers you'll ever see.  We dined there twice and it was a great experience both times

That was 4.5 years ago so hopefully still good.  If you're staying in the Blue Lagoon resort it's a short walk only  :)

Good luck with the big GT, wouldn't that be nice

Cheers

Rod

awesome stuff mate, have a good trip!! I might be going marlin fishing out of Bermagui in 2weeks aswell (if I got enough time).. so hopefully we all do alright ahah.

wow sounds like a few of us are trying to get the hell out of adelaide lol. Good luck with the marlin!! Hope we all end up with some awesome pictures to post
  • 2 weeks later...

I grew up around that area, fishing is tops. Trinity beach is very close to the mouth of the Barron River, bream, barra, trevally, flathead. Live bait is what I used to get the big fish with and used a cast net as its legal, 5 min live bait solution lol.

You might get on to a few Mangrove Jacks further upstream around the mangroves but the sand flies are shocking so don't forget your anti-bug cream.

If you can travel though I wouldn't waste time only having 2 days, the Daintree River is my favorite area to fish land based. Koala Beach Resort is cheap and walking distance to the mouth of the river and rocks that has deep water fishing and attract big fish.

Google Maps will help you get your bearing to this post. Good luck :)

I grew up around that area, fishing is tops. Trinity beach is very close to the mouth of the Barron River, bream, barra, trevally, flathead. Live bait is what I used to get the big fish with and used a cast net as its legal, 5 min live bait solution lol.

You might get on to a few Mangrove Jacks further upstream around the mangroves but the sand flies are shocking so don't forget your anti-bug cream.

If you can travel though I wouldn't waste time only having 2 days, the Daintree River is my favorite area to fish land based. Koala Beach Resort is cheap and walking distance to the mouth of the river and rocks that has deep water fishing and attract big fish.

Google Maps will help you get your bearing to this post. Good luck :)

My bad sorry, its been over 10 years since I have been back  :blink:

Machans Beach is where I was refering not Trinity Beach not far apart though, short drive south of Trinity Beach