Tasmanian Fungi...

With two months still to go before the trout season opens I go for walks in the rain forests looking for & photographing the variety of Fungi that grows in them. They only last a few days so it's a matter of being there at the right time.. Here's a few photos that I took last week.... 

Fallen log & fungi at O'Neils Ck, Gowrie Park. (22-5-16) (Medium).JPG

Forest fungi. (22-5-16) (Medium).JPG

Fungi amongst leaf litter.(22-5-16) (Medium).JPG

Fungi on a tree stump.(22-5-160 (Medium).JPG

Fungi on the forest floor.(22-5-16) (Medium).JPG

Small orange fungi.(22-5-16) (Medium).JPG

Orange capped fungi.(22-5-16) (Medium).JPG

I have no idea what happened when i edited the top reply, as when I added some more photos from today's trip it said I didn't have permission to edit it, So I tried it again and it came up with the same thing. Now when I went back to it all the photos are there twice.????   Any way these are from today's trip and also a photo of Mt.Roland close to home, making the most of the beautiful days we've had over the past four days.. :D

cheers

Adrian

Oooohhh the visions

What I see

But is that me

No its a bee

Might climb a tree

G

Is she a he or he a she

Dont really care there is no fee

Have another mushy whoopie

Might try n get a cod with my mate leigh

Have some fungi for my tea

Oooohh its time to grab some

Zzzzzzzzeeeees

Z

Great pics as usual Adrian

Keep it up

Love my fungi,eat the wrong ones and their not much fun though.Slow end to autumn here so it hasn't been the best season.

cheers nereus

So you do a bit of foraging then? I'm pretty keen in tagging along with someone who knows what is tasty? Not after any of that 'magic' stuff, been there, done that!

Picked some Pine Mushys during the week. Pan fired in butter with pepper, and brandy flambé on toast :wub: .....just gotta get your head around their crazy orange look  :blink:  .

My doctor & his wife ) both Russians)  go out picking all different varieties of mushrooms, he bought photos of them up on google and showed me what they pick. Some looked like toadstools, he said you have to know what you're looking for and if you're unsure then don't pick it.. 

• 9 months later...

On my walk back to the car yesterday after a spin session in the Meander River (report to come soon) I came across a couple of Fungi something I love taking photos of.

The bottom photo of the fungi was taken on the side of a steep hill I had to crawl up to get back from the river up to the roadway before getting back to the car at the end of my fishing session..

cheers

Adrian

Fungi, small cluster, Meander. 24-3-17 (Medium).JPG

Close up of Fungi. 27-3-17 (Medium).JPG

Fungi, Meander. 24-3-17 (Medium).JPG

• 1 month later...

more fungi from a trip to Loongana and a very small cluster of them inside of a hollow  retaining wall block at home.. note the slug in there with them. I didn't notice it until I trimmed the photo..

cheers

Adrian

Fungi at Loongana. 18-5-17  (Medium).JPG

One lonely fungi, Loongana. 18-5-17 (Medium).JPG

One lonely fungi at Loongana..

Small fungi & pansies. (Custom) 23-5-17.JPG

IMG_4129 (Medium).JPG

Small fungi at home.. (Medium).JPG

Small fungi at home..