Hey guys!

This is my first post here and I've just got a quick few questions! (still a bit of a beginner at fishing for anything other than little fish!)

I recently bought an overheard rod and reel combo and I've put 40lb line should that be enough for sting rays and anything else that wants to take my bait off of a jetty?

Is there any restrictions on using wire traces on the Yorke Peninsula?

Regards, Wolfeeeyyy

Yes! It was quite an unpleasant suprise when I rocked up with all my gear and the security guard told me I couldn't get on it. Going to check out moonta bay or port Hughes tomorrow, any idea which one might be better?

Stansbury ;) got a vid of my cousin getting spooled on spin gear there. Send it to you once i find it.

Geez that's no good mate.

I've only done this in summer, but If you're after rays, go to the end of Stansbury jetty in the run in, chuck a few chopped up fish frames around the sand hole and burley for gar. Catch gar and have your ray bait in plain sight, see ray glide over and start munching on it, strike, game on.

We once had >6 rays cruising around the end there

That sucks, usually the fiddlers go straight for your baits, but they don't fight very well. Haven't seen any for a while but there were some absolutely monster stingrays at Port Broughton, you would have little chance of landing them though, just too powerful. Better luck next time