Hi somewhere in York peninsular at one of the bait shops they sell bucket crab cookers,I can't remember where it is now but I am after one.If any body can remember seeing them at yorks could you let me know that would be great.

Simular to one in picture thanks Marc

crab_cooker_19906425.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I believe The guy that was making them got shut down because they were unsafe, the bucket although food grade was not once it was heated, the silicone that was used to seal where the element was inserted was not food grade & they were not electrically safe. A few of the stores that had them were told that they faced fines if they continued to sell them. One of the problems you face buying from back yardies

Cheers

Yorky

I believe The guy that was making them got shut down because they were unsafe, the bucket although food grade was not once it was heated, the silicone that was used to seal where the element was inserted was not food grade & they were not electrically safe. A few of the stores that had them were told that they faced fines if they continued to sell them. One of the problems you face buying from back yardies

Cheers

Yorky

No surprise there. Boiling water in one of those 20lt buckets sounded a bit dodge :unsure: .

Many fellow homebrewers swear by the 19lt stockpots from BigW for $20. Not much more to bore a hole, install a element-either with a flange seal or appropriate silicon.

• 4 weeks later...

Correct Chief :wub: Love the mustard. This is where Hoopsy and I disagree (with respect to both) So when we crab together we have to spit the catch and process his way but I usually end up with the shells and "guts" for burley :D , to be frozen then run through the MUNCHER for KGW at a later date. All good at the end of the day. Respect both ways, just a lot of banter :)