Most metal  blade spinners ( Vibrax, Celtas & Mepps ) work well on them as do small hard body lures... Here's one that I caught in the Mersey River a couple of seasons ago on a F-3 Rapala rainbow pattern, This river never had Redfin in it before, found out it had come from a farm dam that someone had put the redfin into. Thankfully I haven't caught one in the Mersey River since..

Headshot of Redfin Perch.(16-11-14) (Custom).JPG

Redfin Perch taken on a Rapala F-3, Mersey River at Merseylea back in 2014

cheers

Adrian

Small blades or 2.5 inch Zmans are the go in general. If you're only buying one type, consider where you'll be fishing.

In Dams the blades are great for casting and catch plenty of fish.

In creeks + rivers the grubs are more snag resistant and are able to be worked slower. Also not as hard on the pocket when you inevitably lose a few.

Hi jiron

Apparently there is an accepted common wisdom that as Redfin are cannibalistic, any lure in a Redfin pattern will quite often do the trick. The hard body in the first photo in the post from Meppstas  (above) would tend to support that theory.

Most of the better lure manufacturers offer hard bodies in a Redfin pattern. I have also heard that Trout patterns work well, too.

Cheers

af

Thanks for the advice flicked a few plastics yesterday but no luck thought i found a go back water not to far from my place on Google Earth but when I got there it was full of river weed and couldn't find a clear patch to fish in so thinking of trying some creeks around Adelaide