Jigging or micro jigging

After returning from cairns i have totally got the jigging bug! Even went out and got myself a gomoku jig rod

I realise our fish are probably not going to fall for the same flat out burn techniques as in the tropics but im sure it would definitely have its place here. What are some of your guys experience with jigging? Im assuming snapper would be a target but how about snook, trevally, kings just wondering how popular it is here? Have tried it in the port shipping chanell near chanell markers and its deadly on sts got a feww double headers on same jig sends them crazy! Maybe a mulloway could fall to one??

Thoughts??

Here in SA I've been a landbased fisho as I don't have a boat, but in my experience back in the US most fish will respond well to jigging techniques.

It's a great way to fish while drifting in a boat, and I've had good success using metal jigs, soft plastics and bucktail jigs which aren't as popular here but are absolutely deadly.

The whole excitement around "micro-jigging" and "slow jigging" being the hot new way to catch fish kind of amuses me as people have been doing it for many years. And it definitely works!

Jigging for the snapper is good fun.. I love my Gomuku Red i can use it for 10kg+ snapper then change the rig and chase the tings... Using jigs when the pesky piranha are around (baby LJ's) is the go because they just destroy your plastics. JIgging is a lot more fun then sitting there watching a bait rod waiting for it to go off. 

Jigging for the snapper is good fun.. I love my Gomuku Red i can use it for 10kg+ snapper then change the rig and chase the tings... Using jigs when the pesky piranha are around (baby LJ's) is the go because they just destroy your plastics. JIgging is a lot more fun then sitting there watching a bait rod waiting for it to go off.

any particular style pf jig seemed to be more effective on the snapper? Got a few 40 and 60g slow blatt jigs im assuming you use them kinda slow?? I have watched them fall in 10m of water in the port seem to flutter down with a pretty vool action. Sts loved them but that aint saying much lol.