Pretty quiet on here lately, anyone fishing?

G'day everyone. It's been pretty quiet on here lately. Has anyone been fishing? What's biting and where?

I've been a bit crook the past week and catching up with work hasn't given me any time to get out a wet a line so I'm keen to get out there as soon as work calms down a bit.

If you haven't been fishing, why not???

No fishing here either. To much other stuff getting in the way. :(

A  mismatch of time/weather plus leave pass credits in the negative :( .

Have put down a Pilsner &  Marzen for summer :d/ ..... slowly bubbling away at 10deg!

Sounds Like a Strike Hook Day is to be had around that day! What ya Think Bjorn, Softy ;)

Going to have to get my shite together and get a full mash brew down.

Strike and Hook beer tasting day! :wub:

Mixed feelings, weather, blood worm feeding all the fish, time, these of a few thinks daunting the path to a wet line atm.  Will hit the Onk Saturday noon if the rain can part for the incoming tide.  Will give a days yak in the Port around the southern area given the rain and wind stay away :)

I've seen lots of water rushing down the concrete creeks leading to the patowalunga .

How does this affect the fishing

I think normally it goes quiet now

I've been at the Pat twice very recently, starting before sunrise with surface lures and soft plastics and got nothing. Not even a hit... Don't know when the Bream will start up again.

The Warren Reservoir is a big fat pain in the bum.....

No carp, but plenty of redfin full of juvenile Murray Cod, the reddies must think it is Christmas.

Tried to catch trout up the Torrens Gorge, again only small redfin....carp further downstream near Dernancourt.

Springbank is firing again, can be hit or miss, take a variety of baits.

And the catfish are hibernating up at Wynn Vale Dam, but carp are still biting on the tigers.

Might fish the salt on Saturday.......

G'day everyone. It's been pretty quiet on here lately. Has anyone been fishing? What's biting and where?

I've been a bit crook the past week and catching up with work hasn't given me any time to get out a wet a line so I'm keen to get out there as soon as work calms down a bit.

If you haven't been fishing, why not???

why not?????? to bloody cold and wet, BUT I was watching an old bloke {older than me} fishing off the rocks at O,Sullivans  Beach boat ramp, he was doing ok while I was there ,he landed 3 nice salmon about a kg each in 10 mins  now that's not bad is it.

I've seen lots of water rushing down the concrete creeks leading to the patowalunga .

How does this affect the fishing

I think normally it goes quiet now

I've been at the Pat twice very recently, starting before sunrise with surface lures and soft plastics and got nothing. Not even a hit... Don't know when the Bream will start up again.

Could be winter ill get out there one day and find out

With school holidays coming I'll be down at Port Elliot for a few days, definitely be hitting up Waits at least one day, probably do some squidding from the Bluff with the kids as well.

I'll have to make time to get to some of my local beaches as well chasing salmon, and I might even try a night time West Lakes live bait mulloway session.

Agree regarding the food (for those that made the wrong choice :D ). The night was a great opportunity for us to meet face to face instead of just here in the forum. Not suggesting we do exactly the same thing again but I would like to see some way to repeat the gathering while the weather is less favourable for fishing. I am trying to think of an alternative to suggest to the management.

A  mismatch of time/weather plus leave pass credits in the negative :( .

Have put down a Pilsner &  Marzen for summer :d/ ..... slowly bubbling away at 10deg!

yep busy as too.....

but also got a pils on at the same temp just before hitting yorks last week for a few days of rain and gale force winds before a couple nice days, got out 4 times for about 40 good squid and 111 kgs between 3 of us and the kids, nothing huge but nice fish all the same, 2 stonking eagle rays as-well...

get the temp controler out this week and put a nice ale on for later in the other tub  :D  :P  :d/

Haven't had much time to fish lately with work and helping my Grandma out, she has not been well.

Warren Reservoir is full to the brim with water, but the fish are holding in the deeper water where it is warmer, very hard to catch.

Wynn Vale Dam has occasional mid sized carp, but no catfish since the weather cooled right down.

Also been learning how to catch trout up the Torrens Gorge last couple of weekends, no luck yet, but really enjoying my time up there.

Hope to get stretched on some mud mullies at Springbank tomorrow arvo, fingers crossed.

Back to the salt next weekend methinks.

Tried a few land based sessions recently and barely a thing. finally hooked something Saturday arvo after a day of not even a nibble... and it jumped off just as I got it close... Hard not to get discouraged as (relatively) a newbie. At least I'm getting plenty of casting practice and am learning more about working lures as i study how my rod actions translate into the lure's movements.