AFTA 2016: Fishing World's Top 5 Reels

Already another stradic... Bloody hell.

You'd be loaded, insane or both to spend almost $1500 on an Okuma! Hope Alan hawk does a review before many (if any) people shell out.

Penn Slammer is interesting, I suspect it only shares a name with the current (now old :( ) slammers. Being a cheap skate like I am, it's out of my range for a while though ;)

Having A slammer 3 already in our store i have had a play and a good look at it...

To be honest im rather surprised they have named the reel slammer 3. The original slammer is one of our biggest sellers as a budget heavy duty reel. And now to name this reel and be out of that budget price range now it doesnt sit right with me.

Having A slammer 3 already in our store i have had a play and a good look at it...

To be honest im rather surprised they have named the reel slammer 3. The original slammer is one of our biggest sellers as a budget heavy duty reel. And now to name this reel and be out of that budget price range now it doesnt sit right with me.

I was a bit surprised to see the price tag on those reels. I guess the thinking was that the Slammer name stood for their heavy duty reel series. The Spinfisher V incorporated many of the features of the original Slammers and sort of replaced the line.

I guess the question is, how much better is the $300 slammer compared with the $100 version and is it worth it?

I was a bit surprised to see the price tag on those reels. I guess the thinking was that the Slammer name stood for their heavy duty reel series. The Spinfisher V incorporated many of the features of the original Slammers and sort of replaced the line.

I guess the question is, how much better is the $300 slammer compared with the $100 version and is it worth it?

May as well spend the money on a Shimano Spheros or Saragosa? 

Going by what i have seen they have tried to fit all the features of the Penn Reels into one reel. Time will tell whether or not I will purchase one. I'm sure I will get a chance to use one. It's not until you actually get a feel and use one you can get a good idea if it is going to be up to the other standards of Saltwater spinning reels of the Daiwa and Shimano etc. 

It will definitely be interesting to see if Alan Hawk will do a review on this reel or not. 

Some nice new toys coming out 4sure. Not always better but. To know a true classic you need to own one and use it longterm. Then sell it and realise 5 to 10 years later they haven't got any better. Basically like the z series saltiga. I do own a few okuma makairas in the overhead models and can't fault them. Guys bag the okuma brand and haven't owned one but the new okuma reels do have a very reputable engineering company by the name of tiburon which have been making highend gear for years. If these guys were involved in the design etc it may well be a classic, wouldn't surprise me. Time will tell.

...and now, the lures:

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/afta-2016-fishing-world-s-top-10-lures

I have noticed that the Fish Inc Lures Prop has so far been mentioned in four separate papers/magazines that I have read in the last week - it is either a totally excellent lure or the mother of all marketing campaigns.

Cheers

af

...and now, the lures:

http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/afta-2016-fishing-world-s-top-10-lures

I have noticed that the Fish Inc Lures Prop has so far been mentioned in four separate papers/magazines that I have read in the last week - it is either a totally excellent lure or the mother of all marketing campaigns.

Cheers

af

I have found that when Tuna, salmon, trevally, mackeral etc are feeding on the surface or just below it you can chuck anything at them that looks like a baitfish of the pilchard kind and it will get eaten.

Lures like the duels, halco c-gar and outcasts and rapala long cast series have worked well for me. My favorite at the moment is the rapala X-rap sub walk. So I reckon that Fish Inc lure would work pretty well.