Blood worms are they the No 1 bait?

All this talk of blood worm runs has got me thinking. Are worms the best bait? I know for yellow fin whiting off the beach its the gun bait.I for one have never used any type of worms. Just cockles or squid, sometimes prawns or gents. So my question is will they catch more fish than say cockles or is it particular species that really fall for them? Would my kg fishing improve if I switch to worms or is it comparable with using cockles? Just thoughts and hoping someone can clear this up for me.

A many  hypothetical there :rolleyes: !

YFW, yes, yes & yes! ........KGW, would very much would depend on where and when you are chasing them.

Ive had Kgw aggressively attacking bloodworms, wading the flats in the cooler seasons. So inshore & during these 'bloodwormy runny' months?  Sure. Otherwise i'd be going going the ol' cockle & squid

I use a mixture of cockles, bloodworms and squid when I go out. I found that it really doesn't matter what bait you use, if the whiting are down there, or in big schools, their destined to bite.

But the only time that I don't use bloodworms is if the leatheries are on the chew. (It takes them longer to chew off that bait, but also gives the whiting time to get the bait.)

i never go fishing with out them mate like putting blood in the water for sharks ;) .. good for when the fish are there but wont bite as TF said i use them as as a berly//they definatly turn the KGs on even for the bloke next too u if he aint using them ..gun bait B)

Top bait especially when used as a cocktail, cockle squid and worm as Hoopsy knows = Winner :clap:  :D