Best fly line.

Hard question to answer. Everyone will have a different favourite. Blokes I fish with, all long term fly fishers, use a variety of lines, depending on circumstances. Rio, SA, Cortland. Can't really go wrong with them. Rest assured Rio Gold is up with the best. Type "Yellowstone Angler" into google. Great info on all things fly related. Keith in the big Port Rd store is the man to speak to in Adelaide. Fair range in store and very helpful

Only thing I'd add is not to cheap out on a line. 

Also some styles of line are a bit heavier or lighter than their actually rated weight. ie. Rio In-Touch Perception.

Likely not to notice unless you are really insync with your gear/rod etc. 

If your using a line for salt application this time of year probably best not to use a tropical line. Not sure if it is cold enough water but the line might stiffen up. 

May be able to get more distance, maybe not. Depending on what you are fishing for and where, distance rarely comes into it. The ability to cast short distance, accurately is more important most of the time. Go to the Rio site or speak to Keith on Port Rd. Super helpful and has a good range of gearfor all budgets and skill levels.

For saltwater.....im interested in getting the distance.

Work on your technique. You will get there. 

For example: 

I had a very short 4 weight with a rio intouch line. Was having trouble getting it to shoot out and lay a nice cast on some big water I was fishing. 

Got frustrated as you do, looked to the equipment as an excuse. 

My Dad picked up the rod and cast after cast had tight loops and accurate presentation. A few quick words and tips and following his example my casting dramatically improved. 

Get your timing right and any decent rod will load up and shoot that line out. You will be able to notice the difference.