Time to ask for help...

Ok so after recently getting back into fly fishing iv been fishing some small ponds that i know hold some big redfin (40cm plus fish) iv seen them. I have seen people get them on lures like eco gear in a dark striped pattern and the lures rattle ....i want to try catch the redfin on fly , have tried alot of flies lately, with no success, varied retrieves and still nothing.

I can cast fine and confident in my technique , and i can get good distance. the flies i have been using vary iv tried beaded head nymphs , wooly buggers in green and black....im wondering if my flies are too small ? iv been using size 10 and 12 hook flies.....the more i think about it the more im thinking the fly is too small. 

Anyone got any tips and advice for fly fishing redfin ? any pics of good flies for redfin ? hook size ? style of retrieve ?

cheers ! 

Try a red and black matuka (google gives some good examples), I haven't been fly fishing for ages but this would be my first choice. It is a fish pattern that is a bit longer than a nymph..

Other things to consider would be how deep the fly is getting.. soft plastics work great for reddies as they bounce along the bottom. might need to get down deeper but im not sure what type or depth of water you are fishing. They love things that flash so try something with a metallic finish? As for size I think anything that is around 2.5-5cm long to would be fine as the 50mm soft plastics like wrigglers are lethal on the reddies. As for retrieve I would say something erratic with plenty of pauses. the quick movement will fire them up but theyre not a fast fish so pausing will give them time to smack it.

Like I said im no expert and haven't fly fished for anything for ages but these would be my first thoughts, take them or leave them :)