Flurocarbon diameter

Hey guys, 

A quick question. What is the main thing you look for when choosing a fluro leader? I find most people focus on the weight rating rather than the diameter. I have seen 6lb leaders with a smaller diameter than 4lb and the price doesn't necessarily indicate which is thinner/stronger. Are the known brands better for any reason? Looking at 6lb fluro Daiwa line now that's rated at 6lb with a diameter of 0.215mm however, I have a cheaper Tforce xps fluro with a rating of 2.575kg (almost 6lb) but a diameter of only 0.164mm. What would make the Daiwa line more expensive or better?

Another question now. Which is the best flurocarbon line out there with the best weight to diameter ratio?

Cheers!

I don't have an answer but ill give an opinion on what I don't like lol

I spent more than usual to get the berkley vanish 6lb  and I really don't rate it at all. It is pretty thick and very stiff, when pulling knots tight it always catches and doesn't slide nicely even with plenty of spit. It also in my opinion wears very quickly. After fishing for carp in a relatively snag free area I checked it and could snap it easily by hand in several spots along the leader. The only thing it would have rubbed against would be sticks on the bottom of the pond. :(

I used to just use a cheaper rovex brand flouro so I think ill go back to that. Ive also got some Japanese brand 4lb which is pretty good and super thin, cant remember what its called though.

Like Mr Fish I have only used black magic in 15 and 30 lb so don't have a solution!

But both are hard to get a knot to tie up nicely without grabbing. Sometimes they grab and knot up too early and you can't shift the knot. I don't like using it for this reason and am still getting through the two spools I bought. I switched back to normal mono for leader mostly. If their is a supple one that ties well i might be tempted to use it for flicking small HB and SPs over coral bombies at the end of the year so will wath this topic closely.

Is it team daiwa ades your looking at matty90?

Yes it is. Not sure what's so good about it but happy to hear what you think  (y)

I don't have an answer but ill give an opinion on what I don't like lol

I spent more than usual to get the berkley vanish 6lb  and I really don't rate it at all. It is pretty thick and very stiff, when pulling knots tight it always catches and doesn't slide nicely even with plenty of spit. It also in my opinion wears very quickly. After fishing for carp in a relatively snag free area I checked it and could snap it easily by hand in several spots along the leader. The only thing it would have rubbed against would be sticks on the bottom of the pond. :(

I used to just use a cheaper rovex brand flouro so I think ill go back to that. Ive also got some Japanese brand 4lb which is pretty good and super thin, cant remember what its called though.

Thanks for the info mate! I know what you mean about how it doesn't slide nicely... so annoying. 

I like the sunline siglon personally. I was using Berkeley vanish but it created issues with the knots catching in the micro guides on my rod (4 and 6lb)

Switched to the sunline stuff after being recommended by a friend and haven't had the same issues since.

I've also used Black magic (both the supple and abrasion resistant one) in 20lb and up, and Jinkai 20lb, and they have also been more than acceptable for my needs

I like to use 4lb and 8lb Sunline rock FC as my leaders and I use Sunline FC sniper for my casting flouro. I've go no complaints with either, Both tie well and cast well.

I did use the daiwa tournament FC both in 2lb and 4lb and didn't like them one bit. Both snapped quite easily when tying knots and fighting fish (Lost a couple of good fish at the FC end of my line) . I thought it was my braid cutting into the FC so I mad sure the knots were well lubricated and pulled on the knots slowly and they still snapped. I went back to sunline FC and haven't had anymore dramas, Maybe I just had a bad batch.

I like to use 4lb and 8lb Sunline rock FC as my leaders and I use Sunline FC sniper for my casting flouro. I've go no complaints with either, Both tie well and cast well.

I did use the daiwa tournament FC both in 2lb and 4lb and didn't like them one bit. Both snapped quite easily when tying knots and fighting fish (Lost a couple of good fish at the FC end of my line) . I thought it was my braid cutting into the FC so I mad sure the knots were well lubricated and pulled on the knots slowly and they still snapped. I went back to sunline FC and haven't had anymore dramas, Maybe I just had a bad batch.

Had the same issue with Diawa tournament in the same sizes

Now change between vanish and sunline depending on budget at time of purchase but no problems with either