New Alan Hawk review Out

It mentions removing braid from the reel for storage.  Who does that? and who ever does how do they do theirs?

When he means storage I think he means "long term storage". Any dry salt will eventually corrode the spool. With braid and mono instead of buying new line for two reels I'll wind old line onto a stripped reel to expose the new line. Braid should last almost forever anyway but you get nice new line. If I do this I would wipe the spool when empty.

Does anyone know if the smaller sizes have an anti reverse switch?

Hopefully a no. Looks like these switches are becoming a thing of the past. Which is a good thing, just another place water and sand can intrude.

EDIT: Found in review. No switch 4500-8000 sizes.

I never got the switch. Apparently useful in the UK fishing for carp? Maybe like a baitrunner

Does anyone know if the smaller sizes have an anti reverse switch?

Hopefully a no. Looks like these switches are becoming a thing of the past. Which is a good thing, just another place water and sand can intrude.

EDIT: Found in review. No switch 4500-8000 sizes.

I never got the switch. Apparently useful in the UK fishing for carp? Maybe like a baitrunner

Switch is used for what is called "backreeling". A useful technique in flowing rivers where line and lure are allowed to move back in the flow to drop into a new pocket behind a rock or eddy for example. Gives the salmon fishers more control when "hotshotting".

Ahhh, thanks baitcaster, I always wondered why they had the reverse/anti reverse switch.  I always found it annoying if it got accidentally switched to the reverse mode.  Only used the function to back track when someone accidentally wound slack line around the reel.  

Cheers

Rod