What are your spring/summertime target species?

So with the awesome time of year coming up (Spring and Summer months) What are people looking at targeting? What are you hoping to achieve?

Here is my list. Not in any particular order....

Yellowfin Whiting on fly

Yellowfin whiting on Popper over 35cm

Yellowfin whiting on plastic

Flathead on fly

Flathead over 60cm

Yellowtail Kingy Landbased over 90cm

Legal Mully.

With more time on my hands now and my passion back for fishing i should hopefully be able to achieve this and put alot of hours in....

So lets hear your plans!

I think this year as my fishing time will be very limited again due to kids sport I will be targeting one of my favourite fish on one of my favourite areas....... Yfw yfw yfw yfw on the flats flats flats

So with the awesome time of year coming up (Spring and Summer months) What are people looking at targeting? What are you hoping to achieve?

Yellowfin Whiting on fly

Flathead on fly

Flathead over 60cm

Legal Mully.

With more time on my hands now and my passion back for fishing i should hopefully be able to achieve this and put alot of hours in....

So lets hear your plans!

And by this you will be spending a fair amount of time out my way

I think this year as my fishing time will be very limited again due to kids sport I will be targeting one of my favourite fish on one of my favourite areas....... Yfw yfw yfw yfw on the flats flats flats

Yellowfin Whiting on fly

Flathead on fly

Flathead over 60cm

Legal Mully.

So lets hear your plans!

And by this you will be spending a fair amount of time out my way

That and alot down yorkes mate... Found some nice Honey holes in my travels.... Just itching for this good weather and fish to play ball :D

Great aspiration topic  :).

I'd like to have a crack at the Yorks east coast creek near Price in the yak, target bream and explore the system. Will be aiming at bream in the Port on and off when I have to odd day (not enough time to travel) as entered in the kayak bream comp in a couple of months time.

Will aim for squid and legal salmon trout in some mornings outer harbor as I need local bait for some Salt Creek for Summer and perhaps the odd pinkie in the process.

target hopes are:

First West lakes mulloway

First 100cm mulloway

First surf mulloway

First Coorong 100cm mulloway

First 10 legal coorong mulloway in one day.

First kayak king- perhaps rapid bay.

The rest would be a bonus haha :P

I'm keen to just get out for a fish, been so busy lately.

On my list are:

Snapper, a couple of pannies to eat but really want that thump thump thump of a decent monster red. If I achieve this then a snapper on plastic, yet to be crossed off the list for me.

Legal mully

A couple of decent Onk bream sessions would be cool

The usual local rock fishing targets for me.

Bream 45+cms would be nice

Flathead 60+cms

Snapper, legal

Gar and Squid

My Dads coming over from Pommieland to celebrate his 75th in a couple of weeks, so hoping to get him onto some thumper Bream locally and some decent Callop as we celebrate his birthday with a few days at the River. :)

I'll be having a crack at some gar from the kayak,

Also really want to get something big from the kayak, snapper, king, hell i'll take a port Jackson :) !

Also want to start exploring the fabled northern flats....starting this weekend hopefully, not the best conditions though, does anyone know if a 0.95m low tide is low enough to get out to the good spots or is it better to wait for a lower tide?

Bream 45+cms would be nice

That is my next target too. I think the step from 42-43cm to 45cm is the real challenge. Very rarely you see photos or reports of the really big Bream, but around, and just over 40cm are way more common. A fish around that 45cm mark would have to be around 30 years old. Would be awesome to see. 

First legal Mulloway in the Onk. Have never specifically targeted them but will attempt it soon.

Flathead 50cm+ would be sweet. Again, haven't gone out specifically for Flathead but have caught them targeting Bream in the surf. 

85cm Snook - probably not anything to brag about. I'm sure many of you catch them that size regularly. 

What is the biggest Snook you guys have caught? Just curious what size they get to. 

Bream over 40cm on a surface lure.
YFW on surface

Legal snapper

Legal mulloway

45cm+ Bream.

Bream on fly

Carp on fly

Redfin on fly

I'll be heading back to Kangaroo Island these holidays, going to try my luck off the rocks for mulloway and other rock species. Interested to see the results :) 
Also hoping to smash a 40cm bream off the surface in one of the small KI creeks! Super keen..  :D  :excited:

Wouldn't mind pinning a 45cm bream.

My biggest is 42, and I have been stuck there for 3 years....twice I have caught a 42 now.

Also going to bite the bullet and learn to fly fish.

I pretty much target the same species all year round, but I sure enjoy the warmer weather of spring and summer.

And so do the fish....

I'll be mainly fishing summer due to my wedding/honeymoom coming up soon but got a few id like to mark off; mainly firsts rather than specific sizes

On lures:

- Bream, any size

- Flathead, any size

- yfw on surface/poppers, any size

- Callop on a HB (looking forward to trying out a stumpjumper next weekend)

On anything;

- gar (no idea how ive never caught one)

- snook

- trout (if i manage to find a spot)

- redfin

I guess theres on good thing to being newish to the game, plenty to go for!