I think people don't realise when it's stated that e.g. maximum line rating 15lb printed on the spool and people load it with 20lb braid which snaps at 30lb.then go fishing for big fish,hook up and use the 10kg drag watching that reel work it's guts out and think what a great reel this is.

Then wonder why it didn't last that long

Went down to Fishing Wholesalers this morning and ended up with the 4000 BG, 5-9kg abu Veritas (which balanced perfectly) and plenty of 20lb braid. My new favourite combo hands down.

The customer service was unbelievably good. Best I've ever had by far, would thoroughly recommend fishing Wholesalers to anyone looking to grab some new gear. Not usually one to flog stores but I've not been so impressed with customer service before. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Bring it on.

Went down to Fishing Wholesalers this morning and ended up with the 4000 BG, 5-9kg abu Veritas (which balanced perfectly) and plenty of 20lb braid. My new favourite combo hands down.

The customer service was unbelievably good. Best I've ever had by far, would thoroughly recommend fishing Wholesalers to anyone looking to grab some new gear. Not usually one to flog stores but I've not been so impressed with customer service before. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Bring it on.

My thoughts exactly. Always happy to have a chat with you as well as giving good recommendations on tackle/equipment specific to your needs.

Another reel that i use if i'm standing in the surf with lures is the Wilson Surecatch Stallion.I have the 5000 size and it's been a great reel for the money.

Steve at "Lets go fishin" Christies beach has them for $70,you should have a look at one at those prices.

Very handy being light for long periods holding your gear

http://www.wilsonfishing.com/Products/Reels/Sure-Catch-Reels/Sure-Catch-Stallion

full_500_1.jpg