Noosa Trip

The day to depart Adelaide with the flight to leave at 11.00 am and a heavy storm predicted to arrive late morning,with me thinking this is going to be close to take off.

Waiting at the terminal we get told there will be a delay for 10 mins for our incoming flight to arrive.Finally we are being backed out onto the tarmac and waiting for 4 incoming flights to land before we can taxi out for take off at 11.20.Now the heavy cloud has arrived and the rain is starting with me thinking common lets go,anyway we take off and as  we climb to 100-200m of the ground we get hit with lighting across my side and the wing.The lady sitting next to me by the window says she felt that go into her hand and foot but we experience no power loss or crash we are finally on our way  to Sydney and with a connecting flight to Port Macquarie to stay a few days to look around.

While spending a few days to look around i get to see the local fishos in there rivers and lakes and think gee they get it much better than we do here with so many more fishing locations with lakes and lagoons.

Drove (hire car)through goldcoast into Noosa where i spent 5 days and finally getting into a charter being busy school holidays time there and being heavily visitor populated.

Just as a side note,no one really worries about speed limits here,travelling on the M1 highway at 100kph i had cars passing me at 130-150kph.But when staying at Coffs Harbor or Brisbane ever 10 cop cars i'd seen 8 of them had someone pulled over for speeding..LOL.

Anyway being on stand by for a charter i get the call for a midday trip and we now go over the Noosa sand bar on a quiet mild day with nice sea conditions,didn't take us long getting out to 30 clicks off the coast with 2x300hp out boards.Only 5 on the charter plus the skipper and deck hand,over all we had moved to 6 locations over the 5 hours looking for better fish.

The guy next to me hooked up on something big but the hook pulled,the skipper and deck hand started fishing of the back between the out boards catching live bait until the skipper hooked up on that mulloway pictured.Then i started getting live bait to drop 50m to bottom and i was on something bigger and what do you know the hook pulled and it was gone and so was our time to head back to shore.I had the most catch rate on the boat but nothing worth keeping but was given that mulloway which was cooked up and served that night..

As for the equipment supplied i asked about what they had used over the years for rods and reels and he said,they ran the Diawa saltist for a while but they became to expensive.They used the Penn SSV water resistant reel but they started rusting up  in side just from getting splashed and never being submersed.They settled for the Fin-Nor Offshore 65 reels at $130 each and ugly stik rods.He told me with 12 rods and reels i'd seen onboard each rod went through 2 reels per season so yeah 24 reels a year.

We used 30lb mono with 50lb leader 2x4/0 circle hooks and a 12 oz sinker for the current.We had a few whales in the back ground had 2 sharks come by for a short time and a dolphin for a while..Was it worth it..probably not as i could have gone to Fiji for the same money..Any way a few pictures..

06102016301.jpg

06102016295.jpg

06102016300.jpg