Where to take the young fella LB?

Any ideas where to take the young fella (4 1/2yrs) tomorrow for a LB session?

I was thinking West Lakes, either up near Bower Rd or down Trimmer Pde .............. maybe  a lazy fresh session if reddies are likely to take tiger worms under a float in the upper Onk somewhere? Kinda to be nice to use his collection of those little red&white plastic floats i've had to buy every time we've been in a tackle shop.

Feel free to PM your secret spots :rolleyes: !

Any of your normal spots where you feel confident on some st's to keep him entertained mate

Could always take him to our loved northern flats

My boys love the walk out the channel and running amuck on the sand flats

My kids been coming out there with since the oldest was 4. They wear a life jacket out there or safety and I pick a low tide

Thanks for the replies folks,

We ended up taking Panga's generous offer to have a crack at the blueys in his part of the world.

Was a 'slow'  day (apparently) with 12 crabs pulled, more than I've seen, considering i've never crabbed before.

Young fella had a ball. Actually woke up screaming 'we're going fishing' at 0650hrs this morning! :rolleyes:

I now know how to properly prep crabs.

Ran out of time tonight but super keen to try the that Chilli crab 'Cajun Style'  :wub:  http://www.strikehook.com/index.php/topic/28222-blue-crabs-different-ways/

Once again, many thanks to Panga....an amazing fishos paradise and he seriously knows his stuff :worthy:

Was really good to take Simon and his young boy (1st trip on a boat) Great people but tide and wind were against us so the results were disappointing but we gave it a go and they took home the crabs all cooked ready for the spicy recipe I put up.

I and Joy do not have children so I felt very happy that the young lad had a good time for his first time on a boat and was not scared at all. Good start to for a 4 1/2 year old, well done dad as he will want to go out more instead of tv and PlayStation :) and other computer games. 

Cheers

For whatever reason, he'd been carrying on with  "I wanna go fishing with daddy" whereas i've normally been shafted for "mummy"  so i just had to foster this new attitude! :D

Had been hoping for a Saturday wading session with a mate but the weather had turned to s**t mid-week. Thursday i hand finally succumbed to the cooties the missus had sharing around for the preceding 3 weeks :(.

Come Saturday morning i decided," f*** it, i may as well feel like s**t soaking a bait rather than sulking around at home". So our annulled wading plans turned into a Onk bait session on aforementioned mate's mates property. 

Young fella and i collected some tigers out of the compost bin. We arrived mid-arvo and spied a few fat carp hanging around. I had a few nibbles on worms and decided to target carp with bread. I didnt get a thing but mate landed 2 little reddies on worms, before we ran out of bait.

Young fella had a ball, spent more time arsing around than anything else.

Grabbed him a his first pair of polarised sunnies today, so he can "see the redfins"  B)

IMG_20161105_165346308.jpg