Ochre Point (Between Maslins & Moana South)

Just wondering if anyone has fished off the rocks at Ochre Point - which is between Maslins Beach (North) and Moana South.

I'm thinking with the broken ground it would be ok for Squid, Gar and maybe in the sandy area some Whiting.

Would also have to pick the right times so you don't get smashed off the rocks with waves/swell.

Any experiences?

Hi matey ,

Will have to catch up one day as you are not far from me and a mad fisho aswell :P 

I have not fished off of the beach , or rocks , but in the boat not far out lots of tommies and garfish .

There are squid there but I haven't caught any , but a mate has done well there .

I reckon the last hour of a falling tide would give you access , to fish further out , and give you a widow of 2 to 3 hours of fishing .

There is some really nice sand holes in close , and I reckon Whiting would hold there , there is also rugger snapper there .

Let me know if you give it a go , as I have been meaning to give it a shot for awhile   CHEERS . ;) 

Hi matey ,

Will have to catch up one day as you are not far from me and a mad fisho aswell :P

Will do and I'll take my pump as previous discussed.  

I have not fished off of the beach , or rocks , but in the boat not far out lots of tommies and garfish .

Now you are just teasing me  :P

There are squid there but I haven't caught any , but a mate has done well there .

Yeah, I reckon there would be.  Only problem I see is snagging the squid jag.

Casting and the normal retrieve would mainly be fatal I reckon - depending on water depth to a degree.  

Jag under a float could have same result but obviously adjust line under float would help.

I reckon the last hour of a falling tide would give you access , to fish further out , and give you a widow of 2 to 3 hours of fishing .

Yes, would agree to that but depending on tide height as to where you get to on the rocks.

Looking a google maps, there seems to be some solid rocks just North of the small bit of beach. 

Has sandy bit and submerged rock or weed all near.

When tides/weather look good, I'll have to go down there and suss it out a bit more before fishing it, just to make sure it will be accessible easily etc.

Let me know if you give it a go , as I have been meaning to give it a shot for awhile 

Providing you don't mean that you'll be giving it go from your boat and waving to me on the rocks. :lol: