Now that the warm weather has finally arrived, i thought id share my latest idea to keep my hands warm....... for next winter season :rolleyes: .

As I've gotten older, the circulation in my hands is turning to s**t and i find much of winter I have to wear gloves, least my skin dry out, split and bleed :( . A lovely hereditary condition known as Raynaud's Syndrome for anyone interested.

Wet, salty hands from winter fishing is the worst and i have tried a few ideas. Barrier cream is great to stop things drying out, but they still get ridiculously cold!

Ive seen a few products out there that haven't been overly appealing, mainly too bulky/ lack of dexterity for any finesse work, rigging, re-tying etc.

Super simple: a pair of Ninjas with the fingertips cut off at the first knuckle of the thumb, index and middle fingers. Done, such that there is still some rubber coating to prevent the knit unraveling. No seams, near full dexterity and cheap :) .

IMG_20161213_140033234.jpg

IMG_20161213_140047586.jpg

I stress that this is entirely untested but I'm confident that it should make a huge difference. Also thinking that i could wear some fingerless polypro thermal gloves underneath if required. Perhaps a re-spray of water repellent if/as required.

I've used similar type gloves with great results, they stay warm even when wet. I had to retire mine when the rubber coating went weird. The only difference was that I only cut the pointer finger on the right glove and the thumb on the left, the only two I really need to be free. I also had two pairs, one set with the fingers cut and the other unmodified so I could mix and match.

Another option that I've been using the last few seasons is a simple pair of knit wool gloves, don't even have to cut the fingers. ;)

I like the idea and have seen many gloves of different materials with sections cut out of the fingers.

I hope your version with the ninjas work for you especially with the condition you have had handed down to you.

Personally, I don't wear gloves during winter, only because I like to have the 'feel' with all fingers and hands.

There was a post 'somewhere' with someone in a similar conditon with their hands after all the salt water etc, but buggered if I can find it for you - had many suggestions for the skin - lotions etc. (I'll keep looking for it as you never know there maybe something different that you have not tried and might help as well.)

There was a post 'somewhere' with someone in a similar conditon with their hands after all the salt water etc, but buggered if I can find it for you - had many suggestions for the skin - lotions etc. (I'll keep looking for it as you never know there maybe something different that you have not tried and might help as well.)

That would be this one?

http://www.strikehook.com/index.php/topic/27893-peeling-skin-handling-fish/

Brutus' issue was due dermatitis mine is circulation related, leading to overly cold hands which can dry & split as a result.