A Simple, Yet Tasty Beer Batter...

Here's a simple Beer Batter Recipe, with a light spice.I dont like a whole lot of fried food myself, but this was tasty...2 Tinnies of Beer [Pale Works Nice]2 Tablespoons of Tumeric2 Tablespoons of Ground Cumin1 Tablespoon of SaltSifted Plain Flour To ThickenMethod:To make the best possible batter, i usually add one tinnie of beer to a large bowl, in another bowl i combine my dry ingreediants, then sift into the beer. Add Plain Flour to thicken.Your Consistancy should be not runny, but yet not to thick, enabling you to coat the fish.

• 3 weeks later...

awesome simple recipe.i tried it on squid the other night.Thanks JeromeAre you coming on the charter Jerome????If i catch a big Snapper (Which i wont)...But if i do i wanna bake it whole one day at the shop and you can all come for a feed and a yarn.Maybe Jerome can help me cook up a storm with a wicked Snapper recipe

hey mate,yeah, send me on the info about the charter you have got going on, and ill come in a book something up with you.Been picking up some new recipes lately, some nice interstate restaurant cuisine... So stay tuned for them.unfortunately, i havent been in adelaide for the past couple of weeks, but when i get back after christmas ill be talkin with you about the snapper...sounds good, would love to put on some kind of seafood demo....get the ideas flowing, and ill be in touch.jerome