Braid to flurocarbon

I have used the 5 turn surgeons knot for the last decade been very reliable for me just remember a bit of spit on the knot as your closing it up proberbly better with 1 to 1-1/2 metre leaders but have managed to attach up to 5 metres for my surf casting wind on leaders. just a couple of nasties pulled out of tight spots whilst luring for bream using the knot.

DSCF1125.JPG

20150524_091158.jpg

My personal experience is that Sunline PE + Vanish Fluro + Albright knots is just a mess waiting to happen. I intentionally switched to using sunline fluro with sunline braid because I was having issues with the sunline/vanish combo.

May not be everyones experience, but I had issues with that pairing, and zero issues once I switched leader. 

Not hating on vanish either, haven't had issues using it with fins or power pro, just with sunline

The FG knot maybe the best,  but in normal fishing situations ,after snags ect what you find is regardless of knot if one of the proven ones tied well ,the leader snaps off near the lure, on the leader and not the braid and continually gets shortened.Reason for this is braid is stronger per diameter, example a 4 lb braid tied to a 6lb fluro leader,the leader will snap every time .If the fluro snaps close to the knot its a retie job which sucks, doesnt matter whether you have an fg knot or whatever, its the LEADER and not the braid that snaps  90 % plus.

Best advice IMO is to tie an extra long leader, that even after snapping a few times keeps a reasonable length and  saves having to tie  the joining knot whilst out on the water,which is nothing but a pain in the dark,in the wind, wading, off the rocks ect ect.

fg is easy takes about 1-2 minutes in the field and is the best no question,love the sunline pe used it for years but they have ceased making it in white which is a pity. however i find vanish to be crap when compared to other fluro, i use Fammel Rock Fish after trying most of  the others.

cheers b