so you want a rec fishing license?

I'm still watching this, but not to get involved snapps. But your question is fair and needs to be answered.

If I had identified the organisations by name I think it would have already resulted in an enormous (and pointless) shit-fight on S&H, resulting in this thread being (rightly) locked by the Admins - and I didn't want that to happen.

Some members of several organisations have become expert at arguing from behind keyboards, and no result is ever achieved from that other than they continue to do the same thing. Every online discussion is driven around and around in circles by them until it disappears - and with no result for the rec fishing community other than frustration. And more division.

I think it's hardly surprising that this thread has had about 2,000 views and that very few people have become involved. I really do get it.

Perhaps nok and the others who are anonymously involved in S&H for political reasons will be good enough to identify themselves and their organisation(s)?

- then let the cards fall where they may... 

I think that would be the first tiny step towards bringing the SA rec fishing community together, and it's long overdue. But it's no longer my battle.

Cheers,

RJ (gone fishing)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was presented to the Committee more than 6 months ago (July 2016), and hasn't been mentioned since (to my knowledge). It was not a formal submission by the MFA, although one presenter was/is a Bo

I love the RFL - Riverland Football League   Cant wait 

The rec fishing licence is being pushed by the pro fishers to parliament.. Anyone think they are doing it for our good?

Posted Images

May I once again say I did not post this to start a fight between us fishos. please play nice.

The author of the video has more to watch both older and newer but I will not be posting links to these for obvious reasons.

I also do not know him personally it was just something I found while cruising fishing stories on the interweb

RJ

You and your companions are the reason we are not active on this forum. We are a ground up organisation, it's members ( SA Fishos) dictate the direction. It is their group ! Those that have decided, they have had enough of the lies, back door deals and the slide down hill of our rights have chosen, to yell it from the hilltops. People can chose to be happy with the current situation or fight for change. We are heading for an election, and I assure you.all our cards are in place.

SA Anglers want independence, they want to make decisions for their own future ! Coming to us and pushing the same old barrows that have not worked and never will, will get a reaction, not just from us.

We have the biggest reach of any representative group now, and growing daily. Behind the scenes, we have been told that our work has greatly influenced some decisions, for the better.

Now if you followed and kept up, you would have noticed the issues around the Rec management plan, and the back door deals the Commercials have done , at our expense to feather their nest. In fact we had them taunt us with it. The abuse of our rights under the fisheries ACT, is disgusting and we will continue to highlite it.

You may not agree with the growing voice of SA Anglers, that's your choice. And people have a right to chose their Reps.

The video at the start of the thread and their others, explain very well the position we are all in.

I enclose our weekly FB reach.

CHANGE NOTHING - NOTHING CHANGES

image.jpg

I'm still watching this, but not to get involved snapps. But your question is fair and needs to be answered.

If I had identified the organisations by name I think it would have already resulted in an enormous (and pointless) shit-fight on S&H, resulting in this thread being (rightly) locked by the Admins - and I didn't want that to happen.

Some members of several organisations have become expert at arguing from behind keyboards, and no result is ever achieved from that other than they continue to do the same thing. Every online discussion is driven around and around in circles by them until it disappears - and with no result for the rec fishing community other than frustration. And more division.

I think it's hardly surprising that this thread has had about 2,000 views and that very few people have become involved. I really do get it.

Perhaps nok and the others who are anonymously involved in S&H for political reasons will be good enough to identify themselves and their organisation(s)?

- then let the cards fall where they may... 

I think that would be the first tiny step towards bringing the SA rec fishing community together, and it's long overdue. But it's no longer my battle.

Cheers,

RJ (gone fishing)

RJ You write that,....."Every online discussion is driven around and around in circles by them....."......Who is "them" ? I ask with due respect.

He is referring to the South Australian Fishing Alliance. If you look on this forum you will see some of our work posted.

Out of respect to this website, we will not enter into political debate here. However you are welcome to message on this sites message stream, or email me if you would like.

Graham

South Australian Fishing Alliance

graham@safa.org.au

www.safa.org.au

A wise man, member of this forum and a Chair of the DRFC once said "we all want the same goals we just have different ways of achieving those goals".

I often don't agree with the points or manner by which representative groups go about things but they have their reasons. No different to the way we as individuals do.

One thing I do know is these new groups exist because of past failures in the system before they existed.

In todays world, needed reforms are rarely acheived completely amicably without public advocacy but the result "goal" is ultimately more important than the method.