Advice on Reels and Rods

So we have a cyclone going past here at the moment so it is stuck inside day. I'm here alone whilst the wife renovates our new place on Eyre Peninsula whilst I finish up work in Darwin and move down there in April for a year or two of 'retirement'. To avoid the bottle of whiskey and red wines daring me to drink them I though I would ask you chaps your opinion on some good combos for bread and butter stuff from jetties, beach and boat. I have only got into really enjoying the smaller stuff since I moved back from Vic to Adelaide in 2010. Previous to that all my fishing, including KGW, was ABU 7000, 20lb mono and rod to suit. I had the odd cheaper eggbeaters that would inevitably seize and die a horrible, neglected death.

I counted my rods the other day and had 30 of the things. Most not used so I gave a few away to a neighbours kid so now how 27, mostly still not used coz the favourites get hammered.

What I need is advice on matching rods and reels and maybe a few more rod/reel conbos for the guests that will come over. Most are non fishers and destroy braid due to reeling in with loose line and causing wind knots almost every cast. At the moment I have 3 small reels under shimano 4000 size. An Okuma salina 2 2500 bait runner with 6lb mono, shimano stradic 3000 with 10 lb braid and a brand new daiwa BG 3000 with 6 lb braid.

20170305_122236-X3.jpg

Rods to suit are:

Live fibre soft plastic 3-5 kg 7 ft (chucking SPs)

Silstar power tip yak tid 3-5 kg 5 ft (boat rod for KGW, jetty rod for tommies on float)

Silstar crystal power tip 4-7 kg 6 ft (jetty rod for tommie/gar on float)

Live fibre trophy (RLF 33/2) 4-6 kg 9 ft  (beach for KGW, mullet, ST's, flathhead, throwing lures)

Pflueger Trion 3-6 kg 7 foot (boat rod for KGW, throw squid jigs of jetties)

and  

Shimano Jungle stix 1-3 kg 6'6 ff (chucking SPs)

20170305_121926_004-X3.jpg

So that is six rods for 3 reels. I really don't know what I'm doing sometimes. I use the Okuma mainly on the 6 ft silstar on jetties and the Shimano on the Pflueger for KGW and on the live fibre 7 ft chucking SPs.

I haven't really found a good KGW combo yet. The best is the pflueger but it is a bit too long for the boat. I find the wilson SP rod is nowhere near as nice as the Rapala SP rod I had and broke into a million pieces when I lost my footing in the boat and stepped on it unhooking a fish. They don't make them anymore. 

So I would want ideally 4 really good combos for myself so I don't have to re-rig rods and reels. A SP small lure throwing rig, a boat KGW rig, a tommy/gar float rig and a shore KGW/ST/Flathead rig that would double up on the jetties throwing jags for squid. And then 2 other combos for visitors that don't know what they are doing and they can drop overboard and I won't cry (my Stradic went overboard once and my wife went in on snorkel to get it just off Normaville - her friends her swim LOL).

I'm happy to ditch rods and replace them with better/more suited. As I'll be doing A LOT of fishing I need to be happy with good gear. It is probably a big ask but what do you reckon? 

Consider selling the salina 2 baitfeeder?

Actually, I quite like it. Good tommy reel for the jetty. I don't take it out in the boat though after my last Okuma Epix seized up solid.

I like it too. I never even knew the salina 2 came in a 2500 size. I have the 3000 and 5000 salina 3s but they're overkill for my lake mullys. Hopefully i can find a 2500 salina 2 some 10lb braid and let the fun times begin.