Jetty fishing advice needed

Hey everyone i have a generation black v2 rod (wild weasel) i know its a lighter class rod but i was wondering if it would still be strong enough for the odd fish off the jetty?

The specs of the rod are -

7ft medium light action rod

Cast weight 2-14gms

Line weight 2-6kgs

I just dont want it to snap trying to lift a fish up onto the jetty haha.

Then don't lift the fish up with the rod then. I often fish my light stick off jetties (7ft 3-14g cast weight) and unless it's a small and light fish, like gar or Tommy size I don't lift it with the rod, I either grab the line and hand line it up or use a drop net.

Just need to make a judgement on the size of the fish and how much of a bend it will put in the tip lifting it.

Depends on what you might want to be targeting on the jetty.

Like sbarden says, if you're after gar, tommies, ST's and even mullet then you shouldn't have a problem at all.

But for example, you hooked up a good salmon or even good sized bream, then that might give your rod a work out.

Then don't lift the fish up with the rod then. I often fish my light stick off jetties (7ft 3-14g cast weight) and unless it's a small and light fish, like gar or Tommy size I don't lift it with the rod, I either grab the line and hand line it up or use a drop net.

Just need to make a judgement on the size of the fish and how much of a bend it will put in the tip lifting it.

Just out of curiosity what size fish have you been able to catch using the lighter gear?

From jetties or in general? Can't remember exactly from a jetty, recently got some yellow eye mullet around 35cm. That's about the size I handline and don't trust the rod to lift. Got a truly massive squid which would have been a couple kilos, had that one netted. Don't get to fish jetties much now I've moved to tas, they don't seem to build them here like back in Adelaide. In terms of biggest fish landed, a ~5kg eagle ray from the port near the gates to west lake. Lucky it wasn't out to sea or it could have spooled me, kept it swimming in circles and onto the shore by my feet when the hook finally came loose and let it swim off. Other than that a 60cm+ sea trout from vanhankaupunkikoski near Helsinki when I was in Finland.

moved to Tassie???...wow luv that place...was there in January...fished Sacamandar road bridge with my father on his 60 birthday...best night ever was so happy for him...he caught over 30+ big bream in a 5 hour session using prawns... 4-5 over 40cms...i got 20+ on softies and hard bodies...i still cant get that night out of my head each night when im trying to go to sleep lol...serously caught over there in a few days more than what i caught here in 5 years lol....all fish were released over that fishing holiday...that was the best part...peace