Shark Bait Fears

Then when there is no chicken being used. All the sharks will disapear, because there is nothing for them to eat.. and no more problems with the pesky sharks!!!!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Congratulations Grasshopper! You have walked the ricepaper without leaving a print, and snatched the pebble from my hand! It is now time for you to follow the path to enlightenment and begin your own spiritual journey! Don't forget ya flute oh wizened one! :POf course this lack of pesky sharks will really annoy the greens and animal liberationists, coz it's our duty to care for these majestic animals of the deep which once inhabited our shores! :icon_eek:
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If I play on the road, should I expect to get run over?And if so, will the government blame it on chickens?"Yes, they will..... we all know why the chicken crossed the road :icon_e_smile: ;DNice bit of prose Tony.. I agree wholeheartedly.It's only in the past couple of years that I heard about people using chicken for crab bait (when I was trying to workout how my boat was getting covered in chicken bones at the marina).... what puzzled me was, why would crabs be attracted to a meat that has no flavour compared to a piece of fish. I've always found the best bait for crabs was a piece of fresh squid in your net

what puzzled me was, why would crabs be attracted to a meat that has no flavour compared to a piece of fish

I dunno mate, but do ya know where I can get a big bloody, oily slab of tuna, coz I wanna bung it in my net and go down for a few blueys while all the sharks are off looking for fresh chicken supplies! ;)I have to admit, I've never used or considered squid as crab bait. These days I just use pieces of or whole crap fish, whereas when I was younger we just used to use cheap and readily available lamb shanks which worked a treat for years!

i agree we should ban fishing-crabbing from our jetty s lets give our kids one less harmless healthy thing to do that hurts no one and get them out on the streets doin drugs-grafiti-vandalizing instead wat sort of self ritious society do we live in to stop a kid-familly doin some thing they love and bringing them closer together .this is a crock of sh4t ...even if it is just being discussed im discusted they would even think it was a sensible idea...

i say who cares what baits ya use!!! the sharks are always gonna be there!!!!and if ur swimmin in tha sea your in their habbitat, so ur puttin urself at risk!!!!this is frustrating me sooo much!!!! they will soon ban shark fishing which wood really stuff up adelaides fishing!!!!!why scare tha sharks off if they smell food thay will come straight back aniway, they are teritorial fish!!!thanx lloyd

Guest big lizard

If anyone ever gets a metro shark and it attracts media attention tell them where to go.....The one from Brighton a few years ago caused a huge stirr for what a photo in the paper and a glorafied story that was made up by an editor...

If anyone ever gets a metro shark and it attracts media attention tell them where to go.....The one from Brighton a few years ago caused a huge stirr for what a photo in the paper and a glorafied story that was made up by an editor...

hey man if i land a metro BIG bronzie and media try to make a story out of it, all im sayin is good luck!!! bekaz the shark will be goin bak in2 tha water and i woodnt want shark fishin to get put in2 the terms as you catch a big shark every time u fish 4 em, which means there is big sharks every time u fish 4 em ::)i wood never want that attention aniway!!!! if tha media tried id just tell em 2 f**k off and dont try take ani piks of it!!!!! or il smash ya cams!!!! lolthanx lloyd
Guest big lizard

I have a plan! ;DThis isn't a knee jerk reaction, coz I spent all night thinking about this, and I've taken everyone's thoughts into account!These days people need to be protected for their own safety. That's why when ya ride a pushbike now ya even have to wear a helmet!I've heard that it's not safe!The sharks have always been there!Crabbers and gummy sharkers are responsible for attracting the sharks!Chicken attracts sharks!It's the sharks territory!Etc, etc, etc!OK, I think it's time we protected the public then for their own safety! Forget the ban on chicken carcasses, forget laying blame, and lets concentrate on the real issue of "danger to the public!"What I need is a team of volunteers, armed with stakes, plywood and paintbrushes, coz we need to remove that danger!We just need to make up enough signs to cover ALL metro beaches which simply says:BEACH CLOSEDNo swimmingno wadingNo watersportsNo surfingNo divingNo ball gamesNo dogsNo childrenNo entryBUGGER ORF!For your own safety if you want to enter the water, buy a bl**dy swimming pool! Crabbers can use their chicken, sharkers can catch their sharks, the protected sharks can dominate their territory, things can get back to normal, and beach goers can get stuffed! The council wont have to employ inspectors, fisheries wont have to monitor the use of chicken, there will be no outlay for shark nets, animal liberationists wont need to be concerned about the welfare of the sharks, people will not get eaten by sharks, there will be no sensationalism, no paranoid public, no outcries from concerned residents, and no danger! ;DAfter all, it's for the safety of the greater population! :stir:Now if you'll excuse me, I have flake to catch! :P

LOL your a funny bugger Tony sometimes you crack me up.....Sharks will and will always come in close looking for eagle rays etc it's shame they like seals sun bakeing on rocks etc poor seals get eaten all the time it'd suck being a seal.....Someone will get eaten yes it's a matter of time Shark fishermen will get the blame yes we always do why??? Because the blame needs to be put on someone it always does end of story the more we talk about it the more attention it attracts..... Havn't we seen what happend with the Murry Cod?????????? Give the pricks nothing....
Guest big lizard

hey man if i land a metro BIG bronzie and media try to make a story out of it, all im sayin is good luck!!! bekaz the shark will be goin bak in2 tha water and i woodnt want shark fishin to get put in2 the terms as you catch a big shark every time u fish 4 em, which means there is big sharks every time u fish 4 em ::)i wood never want that attention aniway!!!! if tha media tried id just tell em 2 f**k off and dont try take ani piks of it!!!!! or il smash ya cams!!!! lolthanx lloyd
Spot on buddy give them nothing..... I think legally they cant take pic's unless they have permission from the captor......Cheers Damo

I think legally they cant take pic's unless they have permission from the captor......

Or as happened quite recently, a picture actually taken by a fisherman was found on the net and used illegally, then when the fisherman complained to the newspaper, they offered cash for the use of the photo after it had gone to print! :thumb:

your a funny bugger Tony sometimes you crack me up.....

Actually mate, even though I take this subject very seriously, I felt pretty offended by the way the media and fisheries have laid blame on us fisho's. They've tried to make us look both stupid AND responsible for endangering the general population, so even though I am serious about this matter, I've tried to be pretty tongue in cheek with my comments here, in my attempts to repay the favour and make a laughing stock of the media AND fisheries in return for the stupid way they have both handled this matter!Fisheries blame it all on chicken, while the media lay blame and play the dangers up to gain a front page story! I sure as sh*t hope they both read this thread to gain an idea on how the fisho's feel, and how they've offended us! As soon as I've finished b*tchslapping them with my rubber chicken I'm off to play by THEIR rules and go catch crabs with huge chunks of TUNA in my nets, while I set my FISH carcasses out under balloons on my GUMMY rigs. I'll also ensure while I'm berleying up my GUMMIES I'll only use gallons of tuna oil and kilos of fish cubes as burley, coz I know I'll be doing it SAFELY then and I wont be responsible for dead, bleeding, munched and mauled swimmers! Nope, ya wont find any chicken in my burley trail or on my 12/0 forged GUMMY hooks either, just 100% shark unfriendly fish products! And fisheries are welcome to come down and check it out first hand to make sure! :thumb:

I saw a 12 /14 foot White cruising just off the shore break at Berry Bay a couple of years ago.Shock horror the place is 300ks away from metro civilisation,no swimmers,no one burleying nada.It was just doing its thing cruising along,but it was swimming a beat so to speak,turning around in almost the identical spot every time,probably after an eagle ray or something.Point is... to the surprise of probably the media, Sharks actually do this naturally from time to time.

Guest big lizard

And where is our friend Rodney Fox??? His off training White Pointers to be puppy dogs, taking peoples money and probably lots from the Government too...His made squillions of $$$$$$ getting whites protected...His not at all stupid.....

I agree that they have always been there.I found it interesting though that our shark spotter planes found 40 sharks in last years summer, and have already sighted 70 so far this year. Hmmm, makes ya think doesnt it.Another thing that shits me, is they are mostly only bronzies. MEDIA, GET A GRIP!

Bugger it! I've changed my mind, and now I say SHUT EM DOWN! :thumb:A lot of this thread has been tongue in cheek about the stupid chicken ruling, but now I'm angry, and I'm serious!I happened to witness something being discussed today which shocked me, which angered me, which made me ashamed, and which has made me rethink my stance:How a young fisher wanting to catch sharks hit Henley Jetty with his buddies last night, on what has so far been the hottest day of summer, and a time when swimmers are heading to the beaches in droves to escape the heat!After all the ruckus about the sharks and about how the rec fishers are being blamed for attracting the sharks and endangering people, and after large sharks have been spotted in the area recently, and after hearing calls and threats to have jetties closed to fishers and crabbers, this absolute bl**dy CLOWN boasted how he uses cat food as burley, and also dumped 15 litres of tuna oil into the water last night, knowing and boasting that fisheries would "go off their tits if they knew that."The clown went on to laugh about how swimmers were going through his illegal burley trail!Where the :censored: are fisheries when ya need them! :icon_evil:With actions such as these going on, I'm not surprised the public complains, and if this is what the metro sharkers are getting up to, then I agree with the calls to shut the jetties down to fishing! It seems some will never listen, will never obey the law, and will either blatantly disregard fisheries legislation, or choose to remain blissfully unaware and do as they please!It makes me bl**dy ashamed to say I'm a metro rec fisher! SHUT THE JETTIES DOWN AND GET THESE CLOWNS OUT OF HERE! :icon_evil:

We went down to Semaphore Saturday arvo, there was a family of Vietnamese people setting up their nets with chicken & red meat. I told them politely they weren't allowed to use that in their nets & all I got back was a mouthful of abuse.

they were most likely the same family that were caught the day before when i was down there, the police make routine check ups on semaphore now for chicken carcasses, fisheries are aparently understaffed and cant keep up with the demands. they got their names taken down but failed to mention they have 4 other nets with chicken carcasses in the water!! they didnt seem too pleased when they were packing up but before you know it, they pull up one of their nets which happens to have a undersize crab in there and then put it in their bucket!!i dont think they learnt at all after a verbal warning and their names being taken down..lying about the amount of nets they were using AND taking undersize crabs...

if fisheries are so under staffed do police have the power to hand out fines for these offences if so who do we call if not why not the only way people will learn is with tough penaltys .. :police:...it does not bother me as such as i am 99%boat based but i dont wish to c the option closed down for my kids by these :censored: either ...so again who do you call who will actualy do antthing about it

Guest big lizard

Just as i read all this a shark was found washed up with no teeth lol who ever done this has probably put the nail in the coffin (Censored) heads........No respect for other fisho's it's not hard to get hold of a trailer to get rid of the carcase... :thumb: You suck

if fisheries are so under staffed do police have the power to hand out fines for these offences if so who do we call if not why not the only way people will learn is with tough penaltys .. :police:...it does not bother me as such as i am 99%boat based but i dont wish to c the option closed down for my kids by these :censored: either ...so again who do you call who will actualy do antthing about it

Yep! Police officers have the same jurisdiction as a fisheries Compliance Officer

nice post ranger :), hows the damn news tonight??? the dude spent half an hour trying to revive the shark.. b4 it washed up on the beach...All i can say is media hype, and from the old school "public enemy" "dont believe the hype!!"Haha, sure he must have been using a bit of chicken!!! L.O.L.!!!!!!!!!!