R.I.P. Bream rods.

It has taken me a few weeks of mourning to post this pic'! :censored:  :facepalm:

I managed to snap the tips off both my bream rods, a Venom Death Adder and a Dynamix Bream, which were in the car on a fairly recent road trip to Marion Bay. Depressingly all my own fault!

R.I.P. my friends. :(

rod tips.jpg

Think of the wonderful memories! Haha but seriously they look like they could be re tipped? Although they'd never be the same again....

You're making me weep, again... ;)

I had thought about getting the Venom Death Adder re tipped, but probably wouldn't bother with the Dynamix. Need to look into who does that kind of thing and cost etc...

Think of the wonderful memories! Haha but seriously they look like they could be re tipped? Although they'd never be the same again....

You're making me weep, again... ;)

I had thought about getting the Venom Death Adder re tipped, but probably wouldn't bother with the Dynamix. Need to look into who does that kind of thing and cost etc...

Bugger that sucks!

$10 for 9 top eyes and some hot glue from ebay should work alright and you'll have leftovers in case another tip gets snapped. Michael at hotfish down the port used to replace tips for about $5-10, dunno if the new owners still do it though.

Rob at South Oz Rods on Mullers Rd. put a new tip on my unused Ocea 732, after casting "imaginary" stickbaits into "imaginary" bustups and smacking the tip into the concrete floor :facepalm: . Stupidity pain is so different to "hammer onto thumb" pain :D . Cost of repair was $20 and it looked like new..

Rob at South Oz Rods on Mullers Rd. put a new tip on my unused Ocea 732, after casting "imaginary" stickbaits into "imaginary" bustups and smacking the tip into the concrete floor :facepalm: . Stupidity pain is so different to "hammer onto thumb" pain :D . Cost of repair was $20 and it looked like new..

Haha, sounds like the type of thing I'd do.

At least it sounds like stupidity is not going to be to costly.

if only you were down south mate.... Could of both Brought them in and i would of sorted them out for you.... The re tipping is easy. just gotta grab the right size tip....

The rod with a bit more taken off will require a bit of shuffling around, but still an easy fix.... just going to have a different action on it... 

if i'm ever down your way i'll let you know