Rain give the bees a lift...

Finally we have had a bit of rain here today and it's brought the bees out collecting honey, Bumble Bees & native bees were busy on a variety of plants a while ago..

I had time to get a few quick pic's before the rain moved in again.. hoping we get a lot more to give the rivers a lift and bring the trout on.. 

cheers

Adrian

Princess Lillies & Bumble Bee. 8-4-17 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0188 (Medium).JPG

Bumble Bee & Daliah, Sheffield. 8-4-17 (Medium).JPG

Bumble bees...

Tasmanian native bee & Banksia. 8-4-17.JPG

Native bee... head buried into Banksia..

Bees & Banksia. 8-4-17.JPG

Common bees..

Rain clouds, Sheffiels. 8-4-17.JPG

Finally raining.. 8-4-17.JPG

Rain clouds.. great to see..

Are you really sure those bees have the correct name ?

I'm sure they are the 'Brown Trout Bee', the 'Rainbow Trout Bee' and a 'Blackfish' or 'Atlantics' thrown in for good measure.

I only think this due to your 'Trout Brain' :P

i was starting to think they where adrians new home made fly kit🤔

when I was there in 2005 got thawacked right between the eyes by a bumble bee going flat out   :wacko: whilst I had a fly line in a full foward cast needless to say the cast didnt end up were it should of & when i got my senses back it was on my left shoulder & not happy. He took to the air after yelled at him for a while & I felt quite relieved he didnt sting me, i dont react well to bee & wasp stings, O yeh there were a few spots where the european wasp has settled in quite nicely as well made a few spots unfishable  :o  :rolleyes:

Good one doobie... :D  :D  There is actually a trout fly that looks like a bee KS.. I don't have one though, I do tie a black wooly bugger on my line above the lure every so often and that will catch a trout every now and then..

wooly.jpg

black Wooly bugger..

.s-l300.jpg

Bee type flies..

projoe, the Bumble Bees rarely sting anyone I've had them land on me and they're never a problem, the do sound like a B-17 Bomber though as they're really noisy buggers.. European wasps are what annoy me as they're every where here now days.. have been stung a couple of times by them, March flies are even worse they just don't let up keep on coming until I whack them with the hat. Then there's those pesky little flies that get blown over here from the mainland with a strong Northerly wind, They're keep landing on the face & they drive me absolutely crazy when in a river from January through to March or until we get a good frost. Once we have a frost that knocks them over. Still could be worse, the snakes could all take up swimming in rivers I suppose, though I do see the odd Tiger snake crossing the river from time to time.. :)

cheers

Adrian