Hi guys just curious if anyone knows what there doing at mutton cove I took the kayak down there yesterday and noticed they have completely knocked out the sections of damaged paths allowing inlets into the little creek. Are they turning this into a tidal wetland or are they rebuilding the paths. I hope not because it made for some of the best fishing I've had down there in a long time with these little inlets only targeting st but would have had a good 30 flicks for 30 fish most just undersized and returned but got my bag of 20 in about a half hour on hard bodies you just couldnt miss they would attack and fight over the lure all the way to rocks and a heap of surface strikes. Even had a first for me with two st on one double clutch at the same Time one on front hooks and one on the back. So hopefully keeping this as a wetland and let the path go

Yeah right next to the sub side of asc I used to work there and head there after work but all the car and foot access is closed off and they now have a poly pipe line heading out and what looks like a pump station.

But they have knocked out parts of the path now and it flows into the creek nice and deep to and I couldn't believe the amount of salmon and bait fish there when the tide was moving haven't seen anything like that in the port for a long long time it was fatastic.

Only down side is you need a kayak to get there now I walked down and crossed overs a tiny creek I jumped over them within a hour I was on the way back and it was about 15ft wide and a absaloute torrent so had to swim back 😟 And got swept a fair way down but the stradic stayed dry Thankfully .

That's a big shed and will probably be empty if they go about it the way they did the ships lol.

With the subs I would say they would have a track system the same as the ships and shunt them down to a submerging dock.

But again I can't get over how good the fishing down there was since they have shut down the public access from the land I usually struggle lol but I couldn't have missed if I tried lol

The bank eroded naturally ages ago. The LB access has been shutdown since that happened. The Mutton Cove wetlands are enjoying a more natural existence ATM. Hopefully someone stumps up some cash to fix the pathway/embankment and it goes back to the way it was. You can still access the area LB, but you need to do a bit more walking.

I use to go there about a year back and drive down the dirt road near asc or near the beach then walk the area that had eroded and been closed but now even the two dirt roads are closed and you have to walk from the bitchumen to get there and the area's that had eroded away have been completely removed and are now channels going into the wetland behind path there were three areas removed down the asc end that I seen but they are nice and deep and full of bait fish so might be a early knock off tomorrow 😉

There was a dirt road the went down to the river at the far end of the SUB Base and Power plant, even had a round cul de sac at the end...

Has that been closed off ?

Haven't been down that way in a few years now ...

There has been rumors that a level crossing will be put in on the main road, so the "NEW" subs can be railed across to the launching area.

That Huge expanse of levelled dirt across from the Ship Yard is supposedly for the French Shed .... ? ? ? 

SF