Who's having a flick over the weekend?

Who's getting out for a flick over the weekend and what are you planning on chasing?

It looks like Sunday may be the better day weather wise with some rain forecast on Saturday morning. Also looks like winds will be picking up late morning on the Saturday.

Get out there and have a crack I say and don't forget to write up a report.

between baby sitting grandies I was thinking about walking Snowdens with my first attempt at soft plastics. thoughts?

Do it mate, you'll love it. Possibility of Flatties, little KGW, Bream and ST's. The rocks at the marina entrance hold some good Bream that love plastics, but it is a snag fest area. Good luck.

Not over the weekend but was looking at Monday, although I see some strong Northerlies coming through which will probably stop me - unless I find some protection from the wind.

I'll be fishing beers out of the fridge.  ;)

Taking the fridge with you to KI ?  At least you wont have any donut days ;)

Not me. Solid mountain bike ride tomorrow will clear out  the week's troubles. Muddy and slippery trails to keep things honest too.

Tides a bit dodgey but better Sunday too.

Lucky bugger I'm hanging to hit some of the new trails at Fox Creek

Might take the boys for a quick fang around the bottom of Cobblers tomorrow arvo if I can get the laundry Reno finished

Where'd you go today bet it was fun

Love muddy trails

I went out in my Hobie and found a very co-operative school of salmon around the kilo size that kept me entertained for 3 or so hours until the fading light and a 3k paddle home had me leaving em biting. I ended up scaling back to a light 1-3kg rod and had a ball. I dont know how many I ended up getting and releasing but it certainly was what I needed to to finish my 4 weeks off......back to work tomorrow :(

Chuck and I are going to go back next week and have a crack at them on fly. He has a new 6 weight rod that needs christening and I reckon this would be just the thing to do it :D

I also got to use my gopro 5 and got some great footage now I just have to learn how to edit :P

cheers

snapps

my shoulder injury has almost fully repaired itself I woke up to shooting pains down my arm this morning. No fishing report here

wimp ;)

I will take that as good humour.........I think?

But when you are waiting on a knee replacement, have 2 bulging discs and had inflamed bursars in both shoulders well ya gotta be a little cautious 

my shoulder injury has almost fully repaired itself I woke up to shooting pains down my arm this morning. No fishing report here

wimp ;)

I will take that as good humour.........I think?

But when you are waiting on a knee replacement, have 2 bulging discs and had inflamed bursars in both shoulders well ya gotta be a little cautious 

yes, was definitely meant in just in good humour Poppa :)  

Was just meaning, we fishermen work through any pain to just go fishing :)

But in reality it can't always be the case - and I too would be a little cautious, so hope you start getting on the mend soon and once all is right with you, you can start to get out for a fish :)

Not me. Solid mountain bike ride tomorrow will clear out  the week's troubles. Muddy and slippery trails to keep things honest too.

Might take the boys for a quick fang around the bottom of Cobblers tomorrow arvo if I can get the laundry Reno finished

Love muddy trails

New trails at Fox? Only hit there once a couple months ago, when one of our lads crashed and dislocated his clavicle. Would be good to get back.

Didn't realise half the lads were riding the Craigburn Enduro so no ride. Contemplated a solo Cleland-Eagle loop...decided to join my roadie crew Sunday instead...the Mtb is waaay more fun & liberating vs the roadie.

Finished things of with  a few bunnies last night.

image.jpg

At this price i figure i've $80 sitting in the fridge!

Not me. Solid mountain bike ride tomorrow will clear out the week's troubles. Muddy and slippery trails to keep things honest too.

Love muddy trails

New trails at Fox? Only hit there once a couple months ago, when one of our lads crashed and dislocated his clavicle. Would be good to get back.

Didn't realise half the lads were riding the Craigburn Enduro so no ride. Contemplated a solo Cleland-Eagle loop...decided to join my roadie crew Sunday instead...the Mtb is waaay more fun & liberating vs the roadie.

Finished things of with a few bunnies last night.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Give me a buzz and I will fill you in on the new trails so as not to put mtb stuff on a fishing forum but the new trails are sweet

just come back from sitting on those hard bum cushions on Sullies breakwater.

4 Mullet, 2 toadies and something that busted me off under the float.

(2 x 1kg salmon caught by a guy a little further away on soft plastics).

That bloke brought in those 2 salmon for weigh in...thinking they weighed a kilo each... both weighed under 600grams....

Still good little scrapers thats for sure....

just come back from sitting on those hard bum cushions on Sullies breakwater.

4 Mullet, 2 toadies and something that busted me off under the float.

(2 x 1kg salmon caught by a guy a little further away on soft plastics).

That bloke brought in those 2 salmon for weigh in...thinking they weighed a kilo each... both weighed under 600grams....

Still good little scrapers thats for sure....

You know how we like to say their bigger than they really are :)

He reckoned they were just under the kilo when he went past me - and they did look a good size from the distance when he caught them - bet he was a little disappointed :)

Not me. Solid mountain bike ride tomorrow will clear out the week's troubles. Muddy and slippery trails to keep things honest too.

Love muddy trails

Finished things of with a few bunnies last night.

image.jpg

Jesus where's me air rifle?!