Fungi, O'Neils Creek at Gowrie Park..

Seeing it was a cool sunny day and I was feeling a little bored I two my two cameras to Gowrie Park in the hope if may find some fungi to photograph..

Well I did manage to find a few fungi here and there as I wandered through the rain forest in what was very cool, damp conditions just below Mt. Roland. I just love going there as the air always smells fresh as ever..

O'Neils Creek which flows through it had a nice flow to it as well and It was great to sit on a log next ti the fern lined creek for some 15 minutes and take it all in.. very refreshing for the mine, body & sole.. ;)

So here's a few of some 50+ photos taken this afternoon... There wasn't a real lot of fungi around today which was a shame.. still got a few good photos I think..

cheers

Adrian

IMG_0235 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0286 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0251 (Medium).JPG

O'Neils Creek at Gowrie Park..

IMG_0242 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0295 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0298 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0299 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4136 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4140 (Custom).JPG

IMG_4141 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4142 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4150 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4152 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4154 (Custom).JPG

All the fungi I found today, not a lot but enough for some photos..

IMG_0261 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0267 (Medium).JPG

A couple of moss pic's

Copy (1) of IMG_4154 (Custom).JPG

Took all the colour out of this and filtered out the red which made them pure white..

That's an interesting write up Barney and it's it's been found here in Australia too.. Well one species of it has and more than likely in the North of Australia..

The range of Phallus indusiatus is tropical, including Africa (Congo,[21] Nigeria,[31] Uganda,[32] and Zaire[33]) South America (Brazil[24] Guyana,[34] and Venezuela[35]), Central America (Costa Rica),[36] and Tobago.[37] In North America, its range is restricted to Mexico.[38] Asian localities include Indonesia, Malaysia,[39] India,[8] Southern China, Japan,[22] and Taiwan.[40] It has also been collected in Australia.[41]

cheers

Adrian