Repaired broken Daiwa lure..

Some time back during the brown trout season I had three new Daiwa Gekkabijin Yoguri 4F hard body lures of which two were lost to fish taking then into snags under water and the last one 

finished up with a broken bib thanks to me... It was during a session while fishing low water that had a lot of cotton like algae in it and it kept fouling the lure. After some forty minutes of fishing and 

cleaning the algae from the lure on every retrieve I belted the lure on the water surface to clean it the quick & easy way. Trouble is, by doing that it broke the small bib off the lure  making it useless.

So today I thought I'd have a go at repairing it  myself by making a bib and gluing it in place. Using a hacksaw blade I made a small cut where the bib had broken off flush just in front off the eye and then found a small thin piece of clear plastic which I hand filed to a shape that I thought may work. Didn't think to get one of the new replacement lures out to see  what they looked like which was dumb.. any way made on and glue it into place and it came up reasonably well.. I think it did as I'm yet to test it out and I will do that once the season reopens on 5th August.. here's a photo of the original lure and the one that's been repaired.

The repaired lure has a little more angle to it than the new lure..

cheers

Adrian

IMG_4209 (Medium).JPG

I'm sure it will run a little deeper too, the bib angle is close to the Rapala F-3 lure.. how it goes, well only time will tell I suppose.. it may just want to go around in circles.. :D

I have tried it out in the bird bath and the kitchen sink by hand and it did have some action to it, they weren't large enough though,  really need to give it a crack in a river, but that will have to wait until the season opens..

I'm pretty confident it will work.. :rolleyes:

cheers

Adrian