Penn Prevail lure caster?

I have a Penn Prevail 12ft MH, 8-12kg that i bought and use for shore based bait fishing.

Wondering if this might be any good at chucking large metals out into the surf - matched with a Penn Slammer 360 and 20lb braid?  Currently has 20lb Rovex Something which is too thick and 'ropey' for lures so will need changing over to something more suitable.

Otherwise i have a 9ft for flicking metals around the 28g range, which would be my preference.

Any thoughts?

I used that exact rod down at the Dust hole a couple years ago with Southie. Matched up to a stradic 5000 and 30lb braid I cast 45g metals fairly well and we got some nice salmon. However, I felt like I needed to give the rod a bit more weight and would've cast further.

I like my 902 Shimano as it's lighter in hand but thats just me. I can cast more comfortably with the 9fter than the 12ft prevail with the same lure weight.

As Kuerschie has said a shorter, lighter rod would be more comfortable to use casting over and over for long periods.

I've had a fair few rods between 8ft and 11ft and have gone back to 9' or 9'6s.

The 11ft rod I had weighed exactly the same as another 9 footer I used, but was much more taxing on the wrists and arms.