It's a bit quiet on here, anyone fishing or is everyone hibernating?

Hey bjorn,

The weather seems like it's coming good briefly on Tuesday so I'm gonna try and do some winter flathead hunting on the flats with my day off. I'm keen to try some SPs and hardbody lures, but I'm gonna be in some fairly shallow water, and I'm not sure what to go for in hardbody lures... I don't have anything in my collection yet, so I'm off to a tackle shop tomorrow to grab a couple of things. If anybody's got any suggestions on what works for them, I'd love to hear 'em!

Cheers, and best of luck to all the other winter fisho's out there  ;)

HLS

Family camping trip last weekend down Deep Creek. Had a bit of a flick off the Blow Hole rocks. Got stuck into some small tommies on the metals and found a school of small snook on plastics. Landed 4 average snook untill i busted off. 6lb leader and snook :P !

Heading east for 2nd week of school hols,  via the coast either there or back. Bringing the 9ft and an array of metals, so hope to ping a few salmon.

I got half way through my post on my trip to FNQ and lost it while transferring photos. :(

Will try again today.

Those photo transfers can be a bit 'sloppy' sometimes, especially if you dont reduce the file size before importing them.

Been there before so now always write my longer posts in Word first and cut & paste into S&H!

Family camping trip last weekend down Deep Creek. Had a bit of a flick off the Blow Hole rocks. Got stuck into some small tommies on the metals and found a school of small snook on plastics. Landed 4 average snook untill i busted off. 6lb leader and snook :P !

Heading east for 2nd week of school hols,  via the coast either there or back. Bringing the 9ft and an array of metals, so hope to ping a few salmon.

I got half way through my post on my trip to FNQ and lost it while transferring photos. :(

Will try again today.

Those photo transfers can be a bit 'sloppy' sometimes, especially if you dont reduce the file size before importing them.

Been there before so now always write my longer posts in Word first and cut & paste into S&H!

That is the issue I had going back and forth. Took about 1 hour and then, even though it was on "auto save" I lost it all.I wish I could figure out how to be able to go back to the my photos instead of hunting for them.

You now know why Brutus. Would like to catch up before I go back to Adelaide (home) this week. I will be writing the story by hand then do it on the site AND then attaching the photos later today as Joy has given me a list of jobs to do.

Panga, you sound like me with the computer. 😂😂 I used to be quite efficient but since my 5 kids now get on there I have problems. It's not that I don't know how to do it, it's I don't know where anything is amongst all the kids crap on there. Used to have a few hundred photos and generally easy to find what your after, now that there is 14,500 + it's a nightmare!!!!

Will be home all week if u do happen to come to the dark side.

As for fishing I wish I was at Broome right now. Came back from doctors and got inspired from a great article in the coffee table mags. Sunshine, Barra, and my beloved mud crabs (plus copious amounts of beer)

Hey bjorn,

The weather seems like it's coming good briefly on Tuesday so I'm gonna try and do some winter flathead hunting on the flats with my day off. I'm keen to try some SPs and hardbody lures, but I'm gonna be in some fairly shallow water, and I'm not sure what to go for in hardbody lures... I don't have anything in my collection yet, so I'm off to a tackle shop tomorrow to grab a couple of things. If anybody's got any suggestions on what works for them, I'd love to hear 'em!

Cheers, and best of luck to all the other winter fisho's out there  ;)

HLS

try some zman slim swims try different colours besides motor oil

As Twain said "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" but I can tell you I thought I was a gonna. Thanx to my family for quick action (Nick rang 911), the SA Ambo's and amazing staff at the QEH. Severe anaphalactic reaction to unknown source saw me soaking wet, unable to take a normal breath, swollen limbs, blurred vision and red rash all over. Very low blood pressure and erratic pulse saw me in hospital overnight. Drips in both arms and multiple adrenaline shots to stabilize and I am now home. I was sure I was having a stroke but have been assured that is not the case and heart & lungs are fine. Off tomorrow for testing and now have an Epipen as a constant companion. Thanx to all well wishers and again my family, I should be fishing again soon.

As Twain said "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" but I can tell you I thought I was a gonna. Thanx to my family for quick action (Nick rang 911), the SA Ambo's and amazing staff at the QEH. Severe anaphalactic reaction to unknown source saw me soaking wet, unable to take a normal breath, swollen limbs, blurred vision and red rash all over. Very low blood pressure and erratic pulse saw me in hospital overnight. Drips in both arms and multiple adrenaline shots to stabilize and I am now home. I was sure I was having a stroke but have been assured that is not the case and heart & lungs are fine. Off tomorrow for testing and now have an Epipen as a constant companion. Thanx to all well wishers and again my family, I should be fishing again soon.

Bloody hell poops glad you ok

Your a tough old bugger ;)

It scary, we found out one of my boys has an egg allergy the same way

We never leave home without the trusty Epipen now as you would be surprised he many people offer food to him that has egg in it even when they know about his allergy

Hope they work out the culprit quickly mate

Get well Poppa.

Back to the subject, nice fat winter gar pretty consistent on Semi Reef. Mulloway have also been playing ball in the Port but bloody cold. No photos to show but don't bother anymore as have plenty over the years. (S&H beanie & neck warmer works a treat). Take this as you will, but if your not out there, then more for me :P :P

what does the last auto saved: 8.43.39 PM message mean in the left hand bottom corner in the reply box? It seams to update every 3 or 5 minutes so could it be saving what is being typed there?

Hey Samastini, if you click the "Last auto saved" text it gives a better explanation than I would have, I didn't realise it actually had the explanation until tonight.

"As you type, the text editor content is automatically saved so that if you had to reload this page you can restore what you've written so far."

Hopefully it actually does as it says and works properly, I've never tested it. Time to test :)

Get well Poppa.

Back to the subject, nice fat winter gar pretty consistent on Semi Reef. Mulloway have also been playing ball in the Port but bloody cold. No photos to show but don't bother anymore as have plenty over the years. (S&H beanie & neck warmer works a treat). Take this as you will, but if your not out there, then more for me :P :P

God you can be a cock tease sometimes Rybak. I couldnt even get a livebait in the port last week! ;)

Get well Poppa.

God you can be a cock tease sometimes Rybak. I couldnt even get a livebait in the port last week! ;)

Are you in a boat or land based?. Plenty of live bait from a boat.

Not teasing at all........just facts.

what does the last auto saved: 8.43.39 PM message mean in the left hand bottom corner in the reply box? It seams to update every 3 or 5 minutes so could it be saving what is being typed there?

Hey Samastini, if you click the "Last auto saved" text it gives a better explanation than I would have, I didn't realise it actually had the explanation until tonight.

"As you type, the text editor content is automatically saved so that if you had to reload this page you can restore what you've written so far."

Hopefully it actually does as it says and works properly, I've never tested it. Time to test :)

In panga case he could have saved a lot of work if he knew that  :)

https://www.strikehook.com/index.php/topic/29018-lindsay-and-joy-fnq-take-4-last-time-sorry/

Get well Poppa.

Are you in a boat or land based?. Plenty of live bait from a boat.

Not teasing at all........just facts.

Landbased mate, imagine it'd be different on the water. I'm just stirring, hence the ;)