Ahahha all good mate the ones I see are like a small bait board with a star dropper on them and when they walk out to fish the flats and to fish off metro beaches for gar tommies and yellowfin they dig it into the sand and they have a table with rod holders and bait board slash storage if that makes sense cheers bob

I've seen a 'table' spiked into the shallows / flats, probably as I've never fished the flats up North for those calm water conditions.

A S&M member here, 'Underpants', has a floating bucket to put the fish in, tackle and rod holder.

A possible thought anyway.

post-4462-0-56607800-1492330054.jpg

I've seen a 'table' spiked into the shallows / flats, probably as I've never fished the flats up North for those calm water conditions.

A S&M member here, 'Underpants', has a floating bucket to put the fish in, tackle and rod holder.

post-4462-0-56607800-1492330054.jpg

The exact picture I need to copy the design! Very handy since I bought a pile of those balls for crab nets but found them to be 500ml too small :(

just need a rod holder thats tall so you can stick that into the ground when fishing too

I'll see you at our meeting tonight then ;):rolleyes:

A few more shots of the axles: 20&25mm electrical conduit, endcaps & saddles. Self tapping screws to hold the saddles & endcaps onto the axles. Saddles - short bolts with nylon locnuts thru the base of the tub. Axles wear out from sand working its way in so need replacing as needed. I went stainless not marine grade, cheaper and easy to replace.

Cant claim the fame tho, the design is Mozzie's from Gotcha Tackle (he usually has them for sale going into our crabbing season). Ive just personalised it.

wheel 1.jpgwheel 2.jpg

I'll see you at our meeting tonight then ;):rolleyes:

lol, woops ..... yeah I'll be there ;)

I made 2 of these 9 years ago for crabbing but they have lasted the test of time and drag over rocks and sand easy, but will not tip and because of the design cope with wind and waves. I made them of thin ply and then screwed and fibre glassed  with cloth on the corners

result magic. Tried the tubs with flouts and other ideas but was not happy. Took longer for the f/glass to cure than to make. And you can put rod holders /drink on to bling it out.

CRAB BOAT - FISHING 001.JPGCRAB BOAT - FISHING 002.JPG

CRAB BOAT - FISHING 003.JPG

When i used to wade for whiting, i bought a 7 foot metal rod, which i got the last foot bent (had to get them to do it as it was too thick).

I then gaffer taped a piece of wire to that end, that i fashioned into a circle (to hold the gents).

I then gaffer taped two pieces of tube as the rod holders and a small container for the burley.

It worked very well and was fashioned on some of the old timer set ups. The wading bag on my shoulder then carried tackle and held the fish.

I've tried the floating set up but found myself getting annoyed as it would catch the wind. And if the wind was coming from behind, it would be floating in front of me!

We used to average 20 gar a session locally but have also bagged out several times. Best times i have found is Jan to Mar/Apr (depends on weather), with the bigger fish earlier in the season.

Also, fish from first thing in the morning and have a constant burley trail. Seas under 0.5 metres are best but depends on the wind. Also, don't be afraid to jump in the car and move a km or two if the fish are small or not biting.

I always take two rods (one for gar, one for yfw), as we've seen large schools of whiting and mullet swim past. Generally only fish for gar though as they keep you in constant action and if they are just sucking baits, you'll need to hold the rod.

Lastly, a couple of my bags have been on the dodge.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

David

When I was young and used to wade for crabs due to NO boat we kept things simple.

One used car tyre tube, jamb a 10 litre plastic bucket in the centre and attach a light rope to it and other end around your waste.

Was cheap and easy. Thing to remember is the bulkier you make it the more room it takes in your car. With this you just let the air out and throw it in the boot. Never tipped over on me when on the water, and would be easy to clamp a rod holder to edge of bucket, and you could cut a portion of the bucket lid off giving you an opening to put your fish in as well as a surface to it your bait up.