Hi All, 

I picked up two Squidgie gift packs the other day (3 x random packs with a Plano 3600 tray) and as I have no experience with Squidgies, I was hoping those with more SP experience than myself will be able to tell me if I got an assortment of duds, or if there are some little gems amongst them. 

6 x packs

- 100mm Whip Bait - Bloodworm

- 100mm Whip Bait - Killer Tomato

- 100mm Shad - Lemon Chicken?

- 90mm Wild Prawn - Euphausia

- 80mm Whip Bait - Drop Bear

- 65mm Fish - Poddy

20170808_192247.jpg

For those with experience, any ideas what these would be good for targeting? I assume the size of the larger models would lend them selves to Flatties or Jewies, where as the smaller ones might be an all rounder, but I am simply assuming. 

Thanks in advance all.

All those whip baits will demolish salmon trout, and snook if they feel like that colour on the day.

The prawns fish really well when fished slow on the bottom on a weedless style jig head (TT Chinlockz or TT Snagless Weight system). They still work great on a regular jig head, but they look and glide super realistically with the weight set back from the front. The added benefit is you can fish rocky and weedy ground for flatties alot easier with the weedless heads.

Never had much luck with fish/shad style squidgy plastics myself. Have found they don't store very well (tails get bent just from being in a flat packet and won't swim straight) and have come across whole batches where they just don't swim at all (tail wrist too thick or something)

• 3 weeks later...

If you do any good let us know

The white one with the black spot I've used never a touch .

Mickyj don't write those SPs off mate. I would not have choosen to buy them myself, but a mate gave them to me to try and they have been doing real well. Will definitely make sure I have them in my SP arsenal!😉

From a recent flick.

image.jpg

If you do any good let us know

The white one with the black spot I've used never a touch .

Mickyj don't write those SPs off mate. I would not have choosen to buy them myself, but a mate gave them to me to try and they have been doing real well. Will definitely make sure I have them in my SP arsenal!😉

From a recent flick.

image.jpg

There you go reckon when the bream are on in the pat fussy buggere lol

Then I got STs on savage colour your own

That tells me they all could work

Zman Grubbs zman slim swimz at some stage on a two dollar packet out of a cheap bin at BCF is f I can name them a 38 cm bream

Every thing can work 😊 Mullet and whiting went mad for slim swimz all be it wasn't much difference in sizes of plastic and fish 😂