I finally got around to rigging for a tuna trip
Took a few photos
First is with shed light
second UV only
Last both
The mono on that reel looks amazing with UV lol might change that...
The squid jags and lures glow nicely as well
The small skirts are on 80 fluorocarbon but had trouble keeping rig straight during crimping. When tested to destruction the crimp slipped chaffed the line rather than just breaking line😬
I found the 150, 200lb jinkai so much easier to use
Now I need to do my favorite hard bodies and service reels
I have been trying to get ready for last few months but sick, family and trying to run business has slowed me down.
Feel so much better now
BRING IT ON.... :headbang: 

20170814_213207.jpg

20170814_213133.jpg

20170814_213106.jpg

My experience is that finding them is the hard part, then drag anything in their vicinity with a hook in it and your on  :)

This year, we stopped after one successful trip, but that trip started with a triple hook up and after that we couldn't get a second lure in the water before the first one had hooked up for the next 3 fish.   Also we were using lures that are pretty banged up after 3 seasons without changing them.

That was the 3rd attempt from memory and many km's covered previously.   Never fished for barrels though, which I expect is a whole different kettle of you know what  :)

Cheers

Rod

Not saying this is related but was talking to an acquaintance who was fishing with a friend at the cape for snapper when they saw tuna busting up.  They put out 1 rod each, the friend with a brand new lure.  After the friend had hooked 3 tuna and failed to bring any to the boat, the skipper asked to have a look at the lure.  It still had the plastic protective case over the trebles, once removed, the fish came in to the boat :D 

Cheers

Rod