Show us your Latest Fishing Purchases!

C'mon be honest we are all guilty of it! 

That's buying new gear! 

What are some of your latest fishing related purchases? 

As most of you know that I work in the Tackle industry so I am surrounded by it quiet a bit. While I am spoiled for choice unfortunately the pay cheque doesn't allow me to purchase all the things I really want.

The biggest advantage however is picking up all the clearance/clear out items before most other people which is a bonus.

I picked this Combo up and have been saving for it and i finally picked up the reel yesterday.

This will be my new Landbased Bream setup.

20170815_213111.jpg

The setup is an Daiwa T.D Commander V1 Avenger with an T.D Daiwa Battler 2000. It feels so light and looks so sexy in the flesh. The reel will be spooled up with Unitika Silver Thread Fluorocarbon and will be using this as my hardbody setup.

Can't wait to use it! 

So what have you recently purchased? Rods? Reels? Lures? 

Very nice purchase you've made there.. I only picked up a few more hard body lures during the closed season.. 

Atomic Hardz Shad50 mid diver Ghost Gill Brown. (Medium).JPG

Picked up another half a dozen of these... Shad50 mid divers..

Dip minnows (Medium).JPG

Plus a couple of these tiny little fella's for small streams..

Atomic Hardz Shad 40 mid diver ghost gill brown.. (Medium).JPG

As well a few more of these Shad40 lures which are a little smaller that those in the top photo..

Rapala new rainbow model (Medium).JPG

Managed to get hold of the new rainbow design Rapala floating lures as well..

Strike Pro Smelta lure (Medium).JPG

And then there's this small Strike Pro smelta..

Mepps 2017-18 season  spinners. (Medium).JPG

Then these arrived from France for the trout season ahead..

Daiwa Yoguri ghost brown. (Medium).JPG

I did also get hold of a couple more Daiwa hard body Ghost brown & Sushi prawn models.. (old photo from a previous purchase)

cheers

Adrian

My / our new addition

MINN KOTA 002.JPG

MINN KOTA 008.JPG

MINN KOTA Sea Trial 009.JPG

Expensive but nice new toy.

NO More spending for me after $120k that is enough imo that's a lot off fish you can buy. But it is about the journey, the challenge and you know how fresh the fish are. I love the challenge.

Very nice purchase you've made there.. I only picked up a few more hard body lures during the closed season.. 

attachicon.gifAtomic Hardz Shad50 mid diver Ghost Gill Brown. (Medium).JPG

Picked up another half a dozen of these... Shad50 mid divers..

attachicon.gifDip minnows (Medium).JPG

Plus a couple of these tiny little fella's for small streams..

attachicon.gifAtomic Hardz Shad 40 mid diver ghost gill brown.. (Medium).JPG

As well a few more of these Shad40 lures which are a little smaller that those in the top photo..

attachicon.gifRapala new rainbow model (Medium).JPG

Managed to get hold of the new rainbow design Rapala floating lures as well..

attachicon.gifStrike Pro Smelta lure (Medium).JPG

And then there's this small Strike Pro smelta..

attachicon.gifMepps 2017-18 season spinners. (Medium).JPG

Then these arrived from France for the trout season ahead..

attachicon.gifDaiwa Yoguri ghost brown. (Medium).JPG

I did also get hold of a couple more Daiwa hard body Ghost brown & Sushi prawn models.. (old photo from a previous purchase)

cheers

Adrian

Hi Meppstas, those pencil sketches underneath the lures caught my eye in a couple of your images! Are they yours, by any chance? 

Hi Meppstas, those pencil sketches underneath the lures caught my eye in a couple of your images! Are they yours, by any chance? 

No Alex, they're some pencil sketches that I googled and put together on  A4, printed it then laminated it, also have some framed as well in my fishing room..

cheers

Adrian

This arrived today, have to clean up my disc brakes on the boat trailer and make sure I take it around the block in future to dry them out.  Had a couple of pads delaminate after getting stuck.  The latest one completely vacated the caliper and left the piston to wear down on the disc  :huh:

This was after getting a new actuator. new brake lines. new calipers only last year.   Always something to do

Cheers

Rod

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Have not bought it but would like to, a Power Ray

1000x-1.jpg

1. Setup
The 8-pound drone can run for about four hours on a two-hour charge as far as 98 feet below the surface. It uses sonar to collect data from surrounding objects, which accompanying software analyzes in search of fish.

2. Use
The PowerRay relays images to an accompanying handheld controller or smartphone attached via a 150-foot cable. The drone can drop bait near a hook and shine its light to lure fish.

Have not bought it but would like to, a Power Ray

1000x-1.jpg

1. Setup

The 8-pound drone can run for about four hours on a two-hour charge as far as 98 feet below the surface. It uses sonar to collect data from surrounding objects, which accompanying software analyzes in search of fish.

2. Use

The PowerRay relays images to an accompanying handheld controller or smartphone attached via a 150-foot cable. The drone can drop bait near a hook and shine its light to lure fish.

Dam you BB I now want one Joy will kill me but she has done that many times before. Just got to find the best price :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a part b'day present from my fiancé and a present to myself I went out and got a new toy on the weekend, it's a thing of beauty so I had to share :)

13 Fishing Envy Black 7'1" with 2500 Stradic Ci4+ running 8lb Daiwa TD Sensor braid. It's a pity I'm working this Sunday or I'd be trying it out down at Onkastompa! :angry:

v50QEus.jpg

9 hours ago, Territory Lad said:

Very nice HLS. I have being eyeing off one of those Stradics in a 1000 size. Would love to know how you find the reel once you have had it for a while and the honeymoon period is over.

I use a 1000 for all my fishing from chasing bream In the port, to Mullies down the Coorong to trout in the hill and even while wading the flats

ive had it for going on two years and it hasn’t missed a beat I absolutely love it

i also have the older fi version which I think is a bit stronger but the ci4+ is just so light

it does get a bit of flex when hooked to larger fish but nothing that has worried me 

4 hours ago, keenfisho said:

I use a 1000 for all my fishing from chasing bream In the port, to Mullies down the Coorong to trout in the hill and even while wading the flats

ive had it for going on two years and it hasn’t missed a beat I absolutely love it

i also have the older fi version which I think is a bit stronger but the ci4+ is just so light

it does get a bit of flex when hooked to larger fish but nothing that has worried me 

Exactly the feedback I was after mate - especially given you have had for a lengthy period of time and appear to have put it through some significant paces!