I borrowed some long handled razor fish tongs from a friend over here on Yorks as I have one area that when I walk for crabs (great fun) but the dam razor fish are every where so I thought I need to take a few out in the very near future. Hence the tongs from a friend.

Here is what they look like.

RAZOR FISH TOOLS 001.JPG

Then thinking about them.... :huh: the light in my small brain went on, I know it amazed me too. :rolleyes:

They took about 10 minutes each to make and cost me about $5 each as I used s/s wire rope which I had and the handles are left over net handles that "friends" broke on ventures dabbing 4 gar. Got the idea from my crayfish diving days. Check it out as it will work and I can walk 4 crabs at the same time  :clap:  Happy Days.

RAZOR FISH TOOLS 002.JPG

If you want to make them let me know (PM) or post here and I will let you know but it is easy. The handles knobs at the end are my old golf balls by the way

Good idea Lindsay. I just need one about 10' long. I've got plenty of those damn golf balls.

Why 10' Big John ? and your golf game is as bad as mine mate. Gotta arrange a game soon mate.

But they will work because I work on the principle KISS - keep it simple stupid. 

Good idea Lindsay. I just need one about 10' long. I've got plenty of those damn golf balls.

Why 10' Big John ? and your golf game is as bad as mine mate. Gotta arrange a game soon mate.

But they will work because I work on the principle KISS - keep it simple stupid. 

Most of the Razor Fish in my area are in more than 6' of water. My golf game couldn't be that bad as I haven't lost them all. lol 

• 5 years later...

Hi Darryl,

Here's an old YouTube video of a similar set of tongs that I used back in the day when I lived in Sth Aust and fished for KGW in the Outer Harbour area on the opposite side of the revetment wall, mine only has two tongs on each  side and they worked very well, I used to get plenty of razor fish there.. Plus I don't thing Panga (Linsay) comes on the site anymore, haven't heard from him for ages..

cheers Adrian..

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Coffin Bay they are in plague proportions. They are not native to the area and came in on oyster spat, probably from Smoky Bay as they were the only ones doing spat at the time. Because the good ones are in about 6 ft of water I snorkel for the and can get my 75 in about 15 mins. Good exercise. I've, and others, have spoken to PIRSA to remove the bag limits on them so we can clear them from popular swimming areas but no luck so far.