No this isn't about cricket, martial arts or condoms.

I've been using this stuff for 4 or so months after rinsing reels off. They get a hammering in the centre console with spray (so do I). No seized line rollers or handles which is normally the bane of my existence. Still on this little can. It is probably expensive for what it is. Anyone else using it?

Sorry, sideways.

20170830_173358.jpg

Seems there's a 'new' spray for a different application every time i check out the hardware/auto store.

I'm a bit of a cynic :rolleyes: .....i recon most are the same stuff with a different label and price, depending on the target market!

I mostly  use Inox MX3. WD40 is handy, def not as a lube, as a surface spray. Great on the external metal parts of rifles.

Seems there's a 'new' spray for a different application every time i check out the hardware/auto store.

I'm a bit of a cynic :rolleyes: .....i recon most are the same stuff with a different label and price, depending on the target market!

I mostly  use Inox MX3. WD40 is handy, def not as a lube, as a surface spray. Great on the external metal parts of rifles.

Agree. Inox has always done good stuff and I've used it. I'll grab some of the MX3 tomorrow to try and compare.

Heard good things about the tackle guard product over the years. An old mate used to use it.

Like the other boys inox has been my go to on my reels and the lanox spray which is a lanolin and inox blend is gold on the reel seats on your rods as it doesn't wash off also.I Also use light machine oil on moving parts of my reels too. Pays to look after ya gear as good gear isn't cheap these days.

Inox is what I use to maintain my fishing gear, the spray, the grease & the oil & have done for years & am very happy with the results I have had

inox spray.png

Inox MX3 spray, I don't spray this directly onto my reels. I spray this on a chux & wipe my reels over (do not like getting anything on my line), I wash my gear after every outing & only re-do it when I notice the water not beading after washing the reels down (aprox 4-5 outings) I find it doesn't dry out or put a sticky film on my gear.

Info on the spray

Description:

Inox mx3 is a multi-purpose anti-moisture and anti-corrosion spray lubricant. It is non-conductive, non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-staining and non-static. It doesn’t dry out or wash off with water. Inox contains no acid, silicon, kerosene or dieseline. It is so benign it can be used around food. It is also ideal for siezed nuts or screws, freeing up hinges, door locks, as a cutting or tapping & other machining agent. As the product is non-conductive, it is ideal for removing moisture from car distributor, switches, potentiometers, solenoids, etc.

inox grease.jpg

Inox MX6 grease, I use the grease during reel servicing

info on the grease

Inox Mx6 Food Grade Grease

Extreme Pressure, Hi Temp, Food Grade Machinery Grease with PFTE

• Food Grade Approved

• Smooth light brown grease

• Protects against corrosion and oxidation

• Does not affect rubber

• Temp range -30 to extremely high temps (no melting point)

• Extremely pressure tolerance

• Suitable for bearings, bushes, chains, hinges, sprockets, slides, splines, conveyor belts and more

• Suitable for O rings in potable water applications and O rings & seals on diving gear

inox oil.jpg

I use the MX5 oil when I'm servicing my reels or whenever I need to oil any part of them, often I will put a drop on the line roller to keep it free. I find the injector needle great to get oil to hard to get at areas without doing a full reel strip down 

info on the oil

INOX  mx5 - 30 ml bottle plus mx 5 injector will keep your Replicas working and looking like new.

Use the mx5 injector needle to deliver lubricant to the working parts of your replica. Then rub over the external surface with mx5 using a soft cloth.

Inox mx5 contains no carcinogens halogens or allergens. It is non toxic, non static, non conductive, noncorrosive and non staining. Doesn't gum up, become gooey or sticky, dry out or wash off with water. Will not harm metal surfaces, paint or enamel finishes, plastics, fiberglass, formica or neoprene seals.

Cheers

Yorky

I do not work for Inox, but we do sell it in-store

Inox is what I use to maintain my fishing gear, the spray, the grease & the oil & have done for years & am very happy with the results I have had

attachicon.gifinox spray.png

Inox MX3 spray, I don't spray this directly onto my reels. I spray this on a chux & wipe my reels over (do not like getting anything on my line), I wash my gear after every outing & only re-do it when I notice the water not beading after washing the reels down (aprox 4-5 outings) I find it doesn't dry out or put a sticky film on my gear.

Info on the spray

Description:

Inox mx3 is a multi-purpose anti-moisture and anti-corrosion spray lubricant. It is non-conductive, non-corrosive, non-toxic, non-staining and non-static. It doesn’t dry out or wash off with water. Inox contains no acid, silicon, kerosene or dieseline. It is so benign it can be used around food. It is also ideal for siezed nuts or screws, freeing up hinges, door locks, as a cutting or tapping & other machining agent. As the product is non-conductive, it is ideal for removing moisture from car distributor, switches, potentiometers, solenoids, etc.

attachicon.gifinox grease.jpg

Inox MX6 grease, I use the grease during reel servicing

info on the grease

Inox Mx6 Food Grade Grease

Extreme Pressure, Hi Temp, Food Grade Machinery Grease with PFTE

• Food Grade Approved

• Smooth light brown grease

• Protects against corrosion and oxidation

• Does not affect rubber

• Temp range -30 to extremely high temps (no melting point)

• Extremely pressure tolerance

• Suitable for bearings, bushes, chains, hinges, sprockets, slides, splines, conveyor belts and more

• Suitable for O rings in potable water applications and O rings & seals on diving gear

attachicon.gifinox oil.jpg

I use the MX5 oil when I'm servicing my reels or whenever I need to oil any part of them, often I will put a drop on the line roller to keep it free. I find the injector needle great to get oil to hard to get at areas without doing a full reel strip down 

info on the oil

INOX  mx5 - 30 ml bottle plus mx 5 injector will keep your Replicas working and looking like new.

Use the mx5 injector needle to deliver lubricant to the working parts of your replica. Then rub over the external surface with mx5 using a soft cloth.

Inox mx5 contains no carcinogens halogens or allergens. It is non toxic, non static, non conductive, noncorrosive and non staining. Doesn't gum up, become gooey or sticky, dry out or wash off with water. Will not harm metal surfaces, paint or enamel finishes, plastics, fiberglass, formica or neoprene seals.

Cheers

Yorky

I do not work for Inox, but we do sell it in-store

Thanks Yorky Now I do not have to buy so many reels from you. Joke. Coming your way in the next week or two (the dark side)

I use the Inox as well but the light blue can, it's called Inox Lanox.

This one does not do any damage to rubber seals. I found out this the hard way as I used to spray it liberally over my enduro bikes after washing them (I even used it as a chain lube), but one day I had some major engine problems with water getting into the engine and doing some damage. First thing the mechanic asked me at Kessner KTM was "Have I been using Inox on the engine?". Yes was the obvious answer, and it was then explained they have lots of rubber seals on customers bikes deteriorate because of the use of the standard blue Inox. Inox Lanox was fine though. So be careful as you don't want your outboard seals going or anything else you spray it on.

I use that "Tackle Guard" as well , very good stuff .... light spray over the reel, and spray on a small rag, and wipe over as well ......

I also use light machine oil .. (Singer Sewing Machine Oil) .. very good for line rollers and handles ... cheap too ....

Just remember that WD40 is not a LUBE .... it will eat grease !!!!!

WD40 is a powerful solvent that dissolves lubes, so it should be used only to clean reel parts before applying lubes.

Unfortunately a large number of people think it's a lube and that does a lot of harm.

SF

I use the Inox as well but the light blue can, it's called Inox Lanox.

This one does not do any damage to rubber seals. I found out this the hard way as I used to spray it liberally over my enduro bikes after washing them (I even used it as a chain lube), but one day I had some major engine problems with water getting into the engine and doing some damage. First thing the mechanic asked me at Kessner KTM was "Have I been using Inox on the engine?". Yes was the obvious answer, and it was then explained they have lots of rubber seals on customers bikes deteriorate because of the use of the standard blue Inox. Inox Lanox was fine though. So be careful as you don't want your outboard seals going or anything else you spray it on.

That is what I'm thinking as well. Whilst Inox has lube it also has solvents to strip away old stuff. I'm hoping, and it feels like it, that the tackleguard stuff has more lube. Time will tell I suppose.

On the bike chain I use Tac-8 I think. It is a dry sticky grease. Just stops the chain from rusting. I run O-ring or X-ring chains so no way you can lube those anyway as the grease is applied at manufacture and kept in place by the rings - unless you dry them out of course.