Nippers in Coffin Bay?

I have done plenty of fishing around there and TBH if you want nippers for bait it is not really needed.. We used to be based at Kellede Bay and there was plenty of squid and other bait fish around to catch LB to get some bait to catch the tasty ones!

I have done plenty of fishing around there and TBH if you want nippers for bait it is not really needed.. We used to be based at Kellede Bay and there was plenty of squid and other bait fish around to catch LB to get some bait to catch the tasty ones!

Its too late. Bought myself a bait pump prior to asking this question :P . Squid have been fairly scarce in the bays of late. Few off Farm Beach but couldn't be bothered launching on the weed that is there at the moment. As i am having a break from work for a while and living locally I have a lot of time on my hands so might chuck the pump in the boat and hit some of the sand banks around Coffins. First spot I'll try is along Long Beach. Just trying to gauge my chances of success and find somewhere where they are definitely at.

Softys right.. but he means Cuttlefish ;)  though we used to get a few random squiddies around seal corner and the ledge. 

there is mud cockles,  and then big pippies over on almonta/gunyah beach.

Go to bait for me living at Kellidie bay was always small pieces of Tommy Ruff. 

over the years  of growing up down there.. we did find some nippers in the sand bars on occasion. but we never really hunted for them. 

My families still got a shack at Kellidie bay... 

Love that place. 

Softys right.. but he means Cuttlefish ;)  though we used to get a few random squiddies around seal corner and the ledge. 

there is mud cockles,  and then big pippies over on almonta/gunyah beach.

Go to bait for me living at Kellidie bay was always small pieces of Tommy Ruff. 

over the years  of growing up down there.. we did find some nippers in the sand bars on occasion. but we never really hunted for them. 

My families still got a shack at Kellidie bay... 

Love that place.

Don't worry, I eat the cockles. Got plenty of tommies and STs for bait. I just want to try some nippers. I'll go on a bit of a search for a month and let you know.

what will you be chasing  with them??

We found tommy ruff  was gun bait for gardies under a pencil float.

squid/cuttlefish/cockles on the bottom running rigs for whiting.

ST/Tommy/pilly etc on big rigs for snapper  at the ledge, Seal corner,  and Salmon hole areas

we only ever fished land based.