Tackle box backpacks

Travel light... You can't take the kitchen sink with you...light bag...heavy bag...less is more when flickn lures n softies...leader lures softies a few bits n pieces and you're off...what else do u need...

Yeah definitely Bratko. Usually when I'm flicking plastics on the Onk I'll just take one slide in my backpack but when I'm treking down browns or west cape I'd love to be able to take more gear for changing up tackle etc and also keep hands free

I can only recommend get one where the trays sit horizontally, that way they don't become a complete tangled mess, unless you use inserts to hold the lures in position. Should get change from a $100 if you want to buy a branded one.

Indeed, horizontal is critical! There seem to be heaps of bags out there where they sit in on their sides. WTF?!

I have a Kato Treking Backpack (BCF) http://www.bcf.com.au/Product/Kato-Trekking-Pack-Tackle-Bag/363508?menuFrom=30602

it's pretty big and has a zipped front-loading section for the 4 included tackle trays. Works well and has a huuuge capacity, meaning that I end up putting too much s**t in it so its then too heavy.

Does have heaps of zips and compartments which are kinda handy, kinda a pain in the arse too.

This is acceptable for a day session off the rocks or a long walk and base on the surf beach.

Have  a look when they are on sale.

Generally i'd always rather travel much lighter. i prefer to use a satchel style bag,  over-the-shoulder. with 3 or so trays of lures, plus jigheads and SPs in their bags. Much lighter and substantially more freeedom!

Ive been using the Rapala sling bag for about 6 months now and highly recommend them. Holds 2 x 3600 tackle trays. Bag slides around to form a "work table". Everything us accessible whilst wearing the bag which is great!

Has easy access places for scissors and pliers. If you get creative you can even hang stuff of the D ring or the strap itself.

If you want to carry everything, including the kitchen sink. I DONT reccomend this bag. But if your a fan of "less is more" or you only take what you need on any given trip, they are great!

Price wise, I picked mine up online for about $65-$70 as I couldnt find the exact one I wanted in store. Places like Tackleworld stock the newer models as well. You might even be able to pick one up from one if the site sponsors if they stock them.