Trout fishing the hard to get to streams/creeks...

Trout fishing the hard to get to streams/creeks.. 17-9-17

Only way into the rMinnow River is by bush bashing for 400 mtrs. 31-8-17 (Medium).JPG

Getting into some of these small streams & creeks can be quite testing..

32-IMG_2310 (Medium).jpg

Once there, well it's worth it most times..

I was sitting here today going through some of the 22,000 plus photos that I have taken over the years I've spent trout fishing rivers, streams & creeks around Tasmania since moving here back in March 2000. I know the majority trout fishers that fish the rivers normally go to the more accessible areas and rarely try the more difficult hard to get to little rivers,streams & creeks that are quite plentiful here. The majority of them run into the larger rivers and all contain trout of various sizes. Yes it can be quite tough getting through the dense foliage to get to one of these streams and keeping a lookout for snakes as well. It can take up to an hour of bush bashing just to reach a stream only to find out there's not enough water in it or there's no fish in the one that has plenty of flowing water.. That's just one of the minor downfalls with this type of fishing, then there's the times when the effort is well worth it and you'll find one that's holding trout. Most of them are are usually a dark tannin coloured streams & creeks and have held some nice browns of various sizes.. While going through my photos today I didn't realise how many of them were tough going with so many fallen trees, log jams etc on them. Now when I look back on it I feel I was very well rewarded for the effort put into it by catching some beautiful wild brown trout in them. Yes it was tough work and there were plenty of disappointing trips too, but that's what this type of fishing is all about isn't it...

55-IMG_0405 (Medium).JPG

87-Leven River-Gunns Plains (Medium).jpg

Aglia catches another brwon, Minnow River. 30-4-17 (Medium).JPG

One of the rewards of fishing these small streams/creeks..

Another log jam on the Minnow River. (Medium).JPG

And one of the many downfalls on them too...

Dasher River with flood damage.(4-11-14) (Medium).JPG

This is where it can be tough on the old body..

Another brown caught on Aglia spinner. Minnow River. 26-4-17 (Medium).JPG

But then, the hard work is worth it once again..

Copy (1) of Tea coloured water of the Minnow River - Copy (Medium).JPG

Peace & tranquility in a small stream..

Lovely golden wild brown trout, Minnow River..JPG

Golden colours in this wild brown trout..

Massive log jam, Minnow River..1 (Medium).JPG

Another log jam, climb over it or go around it... Hmmm!!! I went the hard way.. "over it"

Tranquil rainforest of the Minnow River.JPG

Another beautiful area on a small stream..

IMG_0571 - Copy.JPG

Doesn't get any better than this.. well it does really..

cheers

Adrian

Gee Adrian,

Don't those Trout go golden Brown when in that tannin water .. look very spectacular in the net shots ..

Can't forget the Scenery shots, all I can say is WOW !!!

That last shot in particular, would not surprise me if you got to see some elusive "Tassie Devils" in there

Another great effort on the trout, and as usual spectacular scenery

SF

Thanks guys, I often wonder if I'm the only one that's been in some of these small streams with a trout rod..

I've never come across any signs of others being in some these areas I've managed to get into.. it can be a little creepy at times too..

so quiet except for a bird call, the sound of running water and the feeling of something watching one from time to time when you here a rustle in a bush nearby.... :o

cheers

Adrian

Only a mere 22,000+ photos to browse through whilst having coffee  :blink:

And yes you are privileged to be able to roam through some those beautiful areas and quite possibly be where no man has ventured before.

being in many of those spots at the right time with sunny gleaming through the trees and enhancing the colours etc is well worth the obstacles to get there.

Great photos you put up, but remember, Summer is coming, so take your snake kit  :unsure: