Travel rod advice needed.

G'day all,

Going to be in the Northern Territory again for a couple of weeks with work. Will not have much time, if any to fish, so was not going to bother taking any gear, but now thinking if the chance does arise then I'll be kicking myself if I don't have a set up with me.

I snapped the last heavier travel rod I took up there last time, so I'm looking for advice on a decent travel rod to flick lures around in Barra country for under $200. Probably matched to a 4000 Aernos.

I'm off on Saturday morning, so I need to go shopping tomorrow arvo.

Thanks in advances for any advice.😊

Check out the Savage Gear Roadrunner 6-10kg. 4 piece, 7 foot flat, full graphite, etc. I've got one that's my heavy travel rod aimed at barra and cod etc. $139 isnt too expensive for a reasonable travel rod either.

http://www.bcf.com.au/Product/Savage-Roadrunner-Travel-Spin-Rod/377561

Daiwa gen blacks are worth a look.

Also if you dont want to spend a fortune the Shakespeare slingshot engage rods are a really good rod for the price. Around 80 buxs... but come in a hard cover and have a spare tip. Only downside is they are select in the models but have a 7 foot 10kg stick which i sold to a bloke wanting to chase barra and the likes up north. Absolutely loved it...

Just a tip when going up there for barra... if your using lures BUY THEM HERE and take them with you. I went up there to chase barra and soft plastics were nearly 50% dearer than here and places like shady camp you lose a lot of gear and its lures only (without trebles).

depending how big your bag is a lot of 2 piece rods might still be on the cards? I also found a few local fishing gear shops in Darwin had a larger selection of travel rods than in SA due to the market space so worse case pick something up while your there.