Knowing when a river is at the right height for safe fishing..

Here's the site I use this on a regular basis here in Tasmania as it save me wasting my time driving 40 or 50 kms only to find the river isn't safe enough to hop in a wade..

Also after using this site for many years I now know when I can have a spin session in safe water level.. I check the Mersey, Leven, Sth Esk Rivers & Western Creek as they're the main Rivers I fish.. The Dasher & Minnow are close to home, besides there's no reading for them any way.. 

http://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/water/water-data/river-flow-plots-(sites-m-z)

The chart below is from yesterday which is from Strathbridge (as it's the only reading I can get) which is in the lower reaches of the Meander River, but I still go by it as I have worked out by using this chart over the many years of fishing the Meander River when It's safe enough to fish.. As per the red line on the chart..

cheers
Adrian...

FlowGraph_MEANDER (2).jpg

This graph from yesterday shows just how much water is belting down the Meander River at the moment..

Adrian,    that is a HUGE difference in SAFE / UNSAFE ...

Looks like it might be a while before it is safe to go back out 'wading' in your favourite rivers / creeks ...

Going by the above chart ... is that 2.5 Giga Litres flowing ???

Is this due to the Snow run off, or just the huge amount of rains that you have been experiencing lately in Tassie ?

SF

Adrian,    that is a HUGE difference in SAFE / UNSAFE ...

Looks like it might be a while before it is safe to go back out 'wading' in your favourite rivers / creeks ...

Going by the above chart ... is that 2.5 Giga Litres flowing ???

Is this due to the Snow run off, or just the huge amount of rains that you have been experiencing lately in Tassie ?

SF

It's Mega litres SF, and yes it's snow as well as rain on & off over the past week, and there's more to come over the next four days too..

That happened a few timed before I found the on line site doobie, made trips to rivers only to find they were running way too high to fish..

cheers

Adrian