Black squid jigs working well..

Heard a report on the radio this morning that squid are really going for the black squid jigs down here in Tassie at the moment..

I didn't even know they made a black one, still I suppose being an full time trout fisher since moving down here I wouldn't have a clue of half the salt water tackle that's around now days..:wacko:

Went online and came up with these...  Do any off you squid fisho's use these at all...

cheers

Adrian

Black squid jigs...jpgQuality black squid jigs...jpg

• 2 weeks later...

"bratko" is onto it! that being said my fav. 3rd is the yo zuri red head white body, 2nd yo zuri green body with a yellow belly stripe, then no. 1 Yamashita pilchard colour.  I always like to pay a little for the jags as i think they swim a bit better, i always reckon people don't value their time much, if you are going to spend the time to go fishing buy yourself a half decent jag.... 

Hi Meppstas,

Bratko has it right, bright jig for bright days and dark for dark.

I carry 2 squid jags, a qantas (white with red head) for bright days and a black (the one in the 2nd photo) for overcast days, I'm thinking of introducing a third coloured jig for the days somewhere between sunny and cloudy. On the yak I need to always be minimizing the amount of tackle I take though.

I'm not a squid nut though and I only really chase them to get some snapper/mulloway bait usually after the snapper hour is finished.

Dave

Try putting on 2 x jags on each line you are using. This can quickly determine what is working on the day. If they are on then double header squid is not out of the question. I love it when this happens. Quick early morning squid session, then move onto other species & hopefully get a reasonable mixed bag.    

On 31/10/2017 at 12:07 PM, rybak said:

Try putting on 2 x jags on each line you are using. This can quickly determine what is working on the day. If they are on then double header squid is not out of the question. I love it when this happens. Quick early morning squid session, then move onto other species & hopefully get a reasonable mixed bag.    

What sort of rig do you use to rig up double header jigs, mate?