Tasmanian freshwater lobster & Platypus...

Yesterday while heading up to Liena (Mersey River) for a spin session I came across a fresh water Lobster in the middle of the road. It had climbed up a steep bank so it could reach the on the other side of the road. This was because the poor thing couldn't reach a concrete pipe that ran under the road that the creek water flowed through.. It is now in the creek that it was trying to reach.. I was a little worried it may have been run over by a quarry truck that wasn't all that far behind me when I spotted it, lucky for it the truck missed it.. Then today as I was heading back to the car I spotted a Platypus next to the river bank so took a photo of that too.. here's a couple of pic's of some of Tasmania's wild life.. ;) 

cheers

Adrian

Freshwater lobster rescued fron middle of road at Beualah..  4847 (Medium).JPG

Fresh water lobster, a protected species that comes with a $10,000 fine for each one that is found in a persons possession..

Platypus coming up for air, Mersey River at Merseylea.._4873 (Medium).JPG

And here we have the little Tasmanian Platypus that is quite common in most rivers around the state.. always nice to see them in the rivers..

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/10/2017 at 8:22 PM, Del said:

i wish our Murray Cray were protected.. not a chance us in SA will ever see them..

Hi Del,

Pretty sure Cray's are protected in Sa. 

Without giving to much away I know of 2 spots within 30km of Murray Bridge that still have Cray's. Both spot's are not where many people would target 

18 minutes ago, wilda said:

Hi Del,

Without giving to much away I know of 2 spots within 30km of Murray Bridge that still have Cray's. Both spot's are not where many people would target 

wilda if this is so why haven't you taken me there yet lol:P :D

13 hours ago, Panga said:

Lets make it a threesome :)As we all know each other and I can give you both CRABS:)

Got 19 today in 1/2 hour. Boy why am I itchy :wacko:

i voted NO... so if i was gonna have a threesome it would be with the opposite sex.:)

boy why am i itchy?....try taking a shower

:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 4:04 PM, wilda said:

Hi Del,

yep in SA.. but further up the stream into vic?