Top Shot mono

What do you guys top shot your braid with on spinning reels. I've used all sorts of mono but haven't found one yet that doesn't have a lot of memory, eg when you open the bail arm it just flies of the spool. Maybe it is just a issue with the small diameter of spinning reel spools? Using 50, 65 and 80 lb braid, 5500 and 8000 size Daiwas and 8000 and 12000 size shimanos.

I only use a few meters mono leader not a top shot on my egg beaters 

Presume you setting up for medium - BIG tuna with lures

What length & size are you trying to use?

I try to go lighter leader as tuna teeth rarely cut leader but they can be shy & heavy leaders will also restrict action 

Go get em knackers

Yep, pretty much, that and heading over to the FWC soon. Casting with big baits and braid is tough on the fingers. I only use top shot in the same breaking strain as the braid. I find it hard enough to break 50 lb line in mono or braid if stuck on the bottom. My bigger lures for Marlin etc have 5-8 metres of 150-300 lb leader on them anyway.

Jinkai do specific top shot mono but only in 100lb and up from what I can see.

I also back off the drag a heap when just using braid trolling without a top shot and maybe a metre or so of leader on the lure. It would be nice to find a good mono topshot that doesn't fly off the spool, plus you can use a decent drag setting rather than backing off the drag to get a good hookup. 

So I suppose I just want maybe 2-3 metres of topshot so the reels are still good for bottom bashing/drifting in deep water to maintain the feel of braid and less drag in the water.

We have used Jinkai for years in various strains and love it. Supple as and ties great knots. I tie 15kg braid to 20kg Jinkai mono with an improved albright without doubling the braid and have never had an issue. I run up to 4 rod lengths of mono and the memory is acceptable.

Cheers,

Greg.