What are everyone's fishing plans for Xmas and new years?

I've got family coming from OS for xmas so a lot of time will be spent with them over some food and froffies :) Hopefully find time to get out for a flick and chase some Flatties and YFW on HBs. If I get time I might have a crack at some Bream on the SPs to change some things up.

Fingers crossed for time time on the water :) 

Not sure yet but as I have no snapper in my freezer and me feeling like I'm having snapper fishing withdrawal symptoms I'll be hoping to pick up a few over the break.

Also if there's some still days I'll use them to hunt a kayak tuna off southern Fleurieu Peninsula.

And maybe try again to lose my metre mully virginity.

My fishing plans for Xmas & New Year will be spent in the shop helping everyone else to go fishing and hopefully helping the holiday fishers catch a few fish, always rewarding when they come in the next day to thank you for helping them catch their first fish

Cheers

Yorky

I must say i agree with ol' Poops ....in that i'm not overly excited about fishing over the Xmas & New Year's period .........Every :censored: is out and it becomes a true Googan's Paradise:angry:!

I do however hope to take my lil dude out- when school Hols start but before Xmas- for his first cockling adventure (unless they close it again :() and hopefully a rock sesh down Deep Creek.

Otherwise we'll be targeting reddies on some private property, hopefully with a mate and a 6-pack....... or ill just mtb instead!

Unfortunately I now have 2 jobs and I will be working right through till the New Year. Only day off will be Christmas day it looks like at the moment. 

Only upside is the $$$$ so once everyone goes back to work/school I'll have some cash to get away for a bit! 

Hopefully i'll have some time after work to go chase some beach species locally, if all else fails ill go have a hit down the vines :428_golfer:

Well, I 'll be keeping away from the popular areas on the rivers and just sticking to a few that I know others rarely fish.. Still a lot of people do stay and camp in theHighland Lakes areas, but the rivers do get a hammering over the holiday period.. worst time of the year for me with the rivers...

cheers

Adrian

3 hours ago, jackmac said:

Hoping to spend 4 to 5 days cruising the west coast of KI if the weather is permitting.

Jacmac, if you need an "anchor bitch", let me know:lol:. No boat this summer and I'm struggling already! New hull not here till late Feb:(. The SBTs can take their time getting here this year!!!!!!

First I need to replace my car that hit a big koala and died a noble death.......RIP Mondeo.

Then up the river with a mate to target natives and set up for January 1st when we will be targeting cod.

Wouldn't mind getting a few days in up the Warren where the silvers and callop they stocked are reaching 30cm and over and hopefully be one of the first to land a stocked cod.

Just really looking forward to some time off work more than anything.....and a new car.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, gregtech said:

Jacmac, if you need an "anchor bitch", let me know:lol:. No boat this summer and I'm struggling already! New hull not here till late Feb:(. The SBTs can take their time getting here this year!!!!!!

You will have to get friendly with my younger brother the boat is his I just get the pleasure without the cost.It comes out of the water tomorrow for a barnacle scrape a cut and polish and a brand new side scan 3d sounder fitted.To many$$$$$ for my liking,but worth every cent.A bit different to the 12 ft tinney and the 5hp seagull we started fishing together in many years ago.