slide bait fishing

Lets Go Fishing at Gulfview Rd...ol Bobby makes them...as well as some other bits and pieces you wont find anywhere else...LEGEND that bloke...when you go there ask him anything about fishing you wanna know...walking fishing encyclopdia...I bought 2 of of the slide bait rigs....great quality...cheap too...tell him the long haired wog sent ya...lol....peace

I did dabble in making a few prototypes over the years. Sorry Mate, we didn't end up running with them though due to lack of interest in the pre-development research side.

Might revisit the idea one day though . . . sounds like Steve and Bobby at LGF have you covered though for the meantime :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

• 10 months later...
On 15/11/2018 at 3:42 PM, Knackers said:

Resurrecting this old topic. Was looking into this and on a NZ website the author recommends just using a large coast lock swivel to attach the bait to the main line. I'm going to give this a go soon. Just need to get some rings.

That sure as hell makes it an easier process, however, without a sinker on the bait, how do you know it is reaching the intended zone and isn't just beyond where your line meets the water? Particularly in the surf...

On 17/11/2018 at 10:50 AM, AquaticResearch1 said:

That sure as hell makes it an easier process, however, without a sinker on the bait, how do you know it is reaching the intended zone and isn't just beyond where your line meets the water? Particularly in the surf...

I was going to use live bait that will swim out. I've got live salmon out past the breakers before unwaited.

On 18/11/2018 at 1:18 PM, Knackers said:

I was ghoing to use live bait that will swim out. I've got live salmon out past the breakers before unwaited.

I guess ultimately if you're happy with a bait that could be anywhere from where your line meets the water, to your swivel, then that'd be perfectly fine. However, personally I wouldn't be doing that unless I was not worried about the depth range I'm targeting due shallow water or similar. 

Free swimming live baits pick up fish regardless as long as they don't come back to   your feet.