Pt Hughes advice

Well the forecast for Sunday is mild in the morning till around 1pm when it’s getting fresh. Problem is it’s from the South at this stage and that means blowing right up the gulf and gets a bit choppy as the wind increases. 

Past the light you might find a bit of a swell rising during the day, but if your boats biggish and your confident no dramas. I wouldn’t take my Gannet out on a rising southerly and they’re a stable boast even if small.

As for fish gars, snook, crabs, squid all abundant.

15 hours ago, brutus said:

Well the forecast for Sunday is mild in the morning till around 1pm when it’s getting fresh. Problem is it’s from the South at this stage and that means blowing right up the gulf and gets a bit choppy as the wind increases. 

Past the light you might find a bit of a swell rising during the day, but if your boats biggish and your confident no dramas. I wouldn’t take my Gannet out on a rising southerly and they’re a stable boast even if small.

As for fish gars, snook, crabs, squid all abundant.

I gather the gar & snook are also in the Hughes bay area Brutus, where its a bit more sheltered?